Brown Discharge - Any advice??

em1

Reaction score
Hi

I will be 12 weeks on thursday and having had a miscarriage earlier this year I am still really nervous that something will go wrong. I booked a private scan at 6 weeks where we saw a heartbeat. Having had a tiny amount of spotting 3 weeks ago I was sent for a scan at 9 weeks and 4 days (and saw the hearbeat again), I think the reason for my bleed was that I would have been due on at that time as the scan showed no signs of bleeding.

Again today (the time that I would be due on again) I have noticed some brown discarge when wiping. I am really worried that something is wrong but because it has stopped they won't put me forward for an earlier scan (it has been booked for 2 weeks time).

My question is has anyone else had bleeding/brown discharge during the time that they would have been due on?

Also having seen a heartbeat at 6 and 9 weeks, should the chances of having a miscarriage decrease?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Hi chick, loads of women on here have had similar experiences ( me included) if you type "brown discharge" into the search bar above then loads of threads on this subject will pop up and hopefully put you at ease.
Good luck with your pregnancy xxxx:hugs:

Seein the heartbeat is a good sign. Ive had lots of bleeding that was heavy and slight and each time im comnvinced that its over but so far so good. I hope all is ok :hugs:

I can't remember the exact figure but once you get to the 12 week mark and see/hear a heartbeat the risk of miscarriage is round about 1-3% - sorry I can't recall the exact figure - it's pretty low though. As you get later on in your pregnancy the risk of miscarriage drops.

https://www.tommys.org/Page.aspx?pid=383 have some stats which might help :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->