Brown discharge, should I be worried?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how many weeks I am, I did have a period in Feb but it was so light I don't know if I could class it as one. I'm either 7 or 12 weeks pregnant.

This past week I've been so ill with morning sickness, I've been struggling to eat because everything knocks me sick.

A couple of days ago I noticed a tiny bit of brown discharge in the morning but only when I wiped after going for a pee. Then it was the same last night and same again this morning. I put a panty liner on last night and there was nothing on it this morning, so there is literally a tiny bit of brown but only when I wipe.

Has anyone had this before? I didnt in my last pregnancy but this time before I found out I was pregnant I had implantation bleeding and didn't have that last time around either.

In a normal situation id probably go to the walk in centre for advice but with everything going on with the virus I don't really want to leave my house unless I really need to. I've got a telephone appointment on Monday with the midwife so I might just leave it till then and mention it to her on the phone. I don't have any cramping whatsoever so I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about.

Just looking for a bit of advice really

Hi hun, if you've only now started getting morning sickness id take a guess of you being more around the 7 week mark as opposed to 12 weeks (but everyone is different) I've had two experiences with brown discharge.

1. Being the start of a m/c, started off as dark brown blood, onky to get heavier and heavier.
2. Having random bleeds with my boys early on and again at 13 weeks, but it was more of a gush of watery red blood as opposed to brown discharge.

I'd say in this circumstance just to ride it out, if its just a bit of discharge, chances are your fine, but if its a loss expect for the bleeding to increase accompanied by some pretty horrific cramps!

Good luck to you

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I ended up calling the out of hours doctors and spoke with a nurse on the phone. She said as long as its only a bit of brown discharge it should be fine but if I start bleeding heavily and get pains to call the early pregnancy unit.

I will just have to ride it out and keep my fingers crossed. Yeah I think im more than likely 7-8 weeks pregnant as a pose to 12 but when I had a telephone appointment with the midwife she told me to count from the first day of my last normal period. I guess I'll know more when/if I have a scan

brown blood is old blood so hopefully everything will be fine :)

Thanks Bev, I'm hoping so! I've been asleep the past few hours on the sofa and just been for a pee and there was no blood there so fingers crossed its stopped now

Update, the discharge has stopped now so not too sure what was causing it. I've got a telephone appointment with the midwife tomorrow so will mention it to her then :)

Glad it’s stopped ❤️

I have had brown spotting often and a bigger bright red bleed just over a week ago. Had scan on Friday and all looks fine but the reason for mine could be my uterus shape! Because I have a bicornuate uterus and it’s basically in 2 halves, the woman said to me that both sides won’t necessarily speak to each other so the side without baby can still thicken and she lining ☹️.

I have read though that 20% of pregnant woman will experience spotting, brown or red during their first trimester.

Good luck with your phone appointment tomorrow . I’ve not got my first appointment until I’m 10 1/2 weeks

Oh wow Victoria, I've never heard of that before! Will you be having a follow up scan? I've had a bit more spotting today but it was more of a yellow colour (sorry tmi) I'm wandering if I've got some sort of infection.

I had my telephone appointment today and the midwife told me not to worry about the spotting. She has told me to count from 5th January for now which would put me at 12 weeks, she said she would rather go with that to make sure I get the screening before 14 weeks.

I've got my dating scan on Friday but I know it's likely that I'm 7/8 weeks rather than 12. I think the midwives are just being cautious.

At least I'll know for sure on Friday how far gone I actually am :)

Aww I’m so glad the midwife call went well and yay for scan on Friday!! Hopefully if you are 7/8 weeks then you will get another scan too .

When I was pregnant with DD I was classed as high risk as soon as they found out about my uterus as I’m at risk of miscarriage, early labour and baby running out of room as they basically grown in one side of the uterus. Luckily I carried her until just over 37 weeks but I did get plenty extra scans throughout.

This time round I’m not sure if I will get extra or not as my body has done it before, they may not class me as high risk. I will be 35 at my first midwife appointment though so I will be classed as high risk due to that ‍♀️.

I’ve still got 3 weeks until my first midwife appointment so will see what she says the next.

Thank you, the midwife said if I am 8 weeks then they will scan me again around 14 weeks. The only downside is that I have to go on my own.

Oh goodness! That sounds so scary! Hopefully the midwives will keep a closer eye on you due to your history! How many weeks was you when you found out about your condition last time?

I notice from your ticker that you was told you wouldn't conceive without IVF.. I was also told the same so miracles definitely do happen :)

I found out at 11 weeks last time and it put the fear into me for the rest of the pregnancy. Knowing I managed to carry my DD with little issues other than her getting squished near the end, I’m confident enough this time around, knowing my uterus CAN do it, I just hope it WILL do it!

It’s amazing isn’t it, our little miracles!! Were you trying still or was the pregnancy a surprise?
We hadn’t been properly trying for the past few years but always said I would never go on any contraception just in case!

Aw yeah I bet you was on tenter hooks throughout your pregnancy after finding out! Fingers crossed for you :)

Yes it truly is amazing! I still can't quite believe it. We haven't been trying for about 18 months but I didn't see the point in being on contraception so it's was a very nice surprise :)

Hi hon. Brown blood is old blood. It mite be from implantation. I wud say going by ure sickness that ure most likely 7 weeks. Most womon by 12 weeks find themselves feeling much better.
I had sickness from 8 to 16 weeks.
Is there anyway u can request to have a scan so u know exactly how far you are?

Hi just to update, I had a scan yesterday and the baby is fine. Not sure what caused the spotting but I'm definitely 8 weeks and not further than I thought.

Ill be having my official dating scan on 6th May :)

Aww thats fantastic news!!! So glad you got a scan and found out for sure.
Hope you are feeling fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->