brown discharge :(

emma2810

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hey well...i've just nipped to the loo and I have some brownish discharge its not dark brown more of a sort of pinky light brown colour,quite watery- panic has struck me!just wondering if any1 else has experienced this and what the outcome was.thanks a lot :(
xx:cry:

I'm not a health-care professional, but from experience a miscarriage is known from bright red blood, clots and lots of pain. I know that I initially (not this time) had a very heavy sudden loss of blood with no clots and no pain (at 8 weeks, when period was due). I phoned NHS direct who made me an out-of-hours appointment with a GP. He did no examination, and didn't seem worried as no clots/pain. The next bleed was exactly like a period (at the time it was due) with lots of pain & clots. I went to the local acute care centre as the hospital has a mat. ward. They took me in at that point.

Of you are worried, you should go and get some professional advice; though I suspect that it will probably be nothing.

I had exactly the same thing at 6-7 weeks. Just a tiny bit of brown and some weird pink stuff, but it stopped as soon as it started, I was fine and the midwife said it was just when my period would have been due. I know it's hard not to worry but honestly just stay positive! You don't have red blood, pain or clots so you're all good :) xx

I had this about the time that my AF would have been due (8 /9 weeks) it was terrifying as I have previously had MC but all is well, Ms Emski has said it all in her post - almost exactly what my MW told me - I did however get a scan done at EPAU for reassurance - can you call your hospital?

I had the same thing at 6/7 weeks when I was pregnant with Tristan. I was really worried as I had had a miscarriage a few months previous. I went into the Early Pregnancy Unit and they scanned me and I saw the heartbeat! I was over the moon. When they checked my cervix, they said that I had a small cervical erosion which is common throughout pregnancy (with the skin in the cervix being more sensitive) and that is where they thought that the small bit of brown discharge would have come from. They said this is very common in early pregnancy.

I hope everything is ok for you - call your Early Pregnancy Unit for a scan to reassure yourself.

xxx

Hi - I have had brown spotting (and sometimes red) pretty much constantly through my pregnancy so far. I have had 5 scans (4 NHS, 1 private) because of this - but each of the last 3 times we have seen a heartbeat and the last time the baby was waving his/her arms and legs!

They have said to me that the bleeding in unexplained - It may be cervical erosion or may be because my hormones are playing tricks on me... fingers crossed though things all seem ok so far! They also said to me that some women bleed all the way through their pregnancies and others bleed up to 12 weeks when the placenta takes over from the hormones in growing the baby... so fingers crossed its the latter!

Sorry for rambling - I guess I just wanted to say that people do spot and do bleed and it doesn't always mean the worst... I am touching wood that I am just one of those funny buggers!!

Good luck to you. xxxxx

I got it, and went to the EPU, who scanned me and everything was well. The spotting continued for 4 weeks, but i was fine.

thanks everyone-reassured me,im trying to thin kpositive now and im feeling a lot better,feel that B and B really helps as it lets u ask all the daft little questions to the people who know best!
go B AND B!haha
x

hiya i thought i would just say try not to worry, i have been bleeding most of my pregnancy, i started when i though i was 8wks+3 sumin like that, they thought it could be etopic as i had really bad pains, but they scanned me and i was 12wks+1 and since then i have been bleeding i am now 18wks+4 got my 20 wk scan next friday, well day b4 im 20wks they still 2 this day dnt know why im bleedin they have said to me that im having periods, thats how ive been bleeding most time other time i gush outta blood, like a mug full. but still dnt know where it cumin from, im sure everything will be k hun,. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->