Brown spotting at 6 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After A Loss' started by heather_marie, Jan 29, 2011.

1. heather_marie

heather_marie Member

I'm 6 weeks and 3 days and I've been having brown spotting for the past week. Some days it's worse than others and sometimes it has stringy mucous/tissue looking stuff. It's never red, just light to dark brown. Has anyone ever experienced this? I did have my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and they didn't see anything so I'm scheduled for another one in 3 days. Should I be concerned?

2. Tommee

Tommee Well-Known Member

Just seen your post, hope that everything is ok.

I had 7 weeks of spotting with my DS all colours from brown to dark red within the first 12 weeks.

With this pregnancy I had 3 weeks of it and some very scary bright red last week, I was forever having scans and thankfully all was well.

Hope that all is with you when you have your next scan :hugs:

3. L999

L999 Well-Known Member

Hi honey try not to worry - i know it is frightening I had a missed miscarriage last year and only sign was brown daily discharge - had it for about 3 weeks before miscarriage took place. This time i have also had a little brown discharge and took myself o EPU where they scanned me and baby is fine. Try and be strong - fingers crossed for you.xxx