Brown Spotting Before Period?

Molly5186

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience this? I've been reading a lot about Progesterone levels (I am having my level checked on Monday), but I know I ovulate around the same time every month. I'm really confused as to why this is happening...My doctor doesn't seem too concerned though because I do ovulate every month. Ugh!! :wacko:

You could have a luteal phase defect. Vitamin B6 helps spotting. It's better if you take a vitamin B complex though.

I do... every month, for like 2 days. I've been wondering the same thing, but haven't really found any answers. It's one of my first questions when I find a doc, but if you find answers, I'd love to hear them. Thanks :D

I do... every month, for like 2 days. I've been wondering the same thing, but haven't really found any answers. It's one of my first questions when I find a doc, but if you find answers, I'd love to hear them. Thanks :D

Isn't it irritating?? I'm starting to think maybe it is just normal for me or something. I mean it's been going on for over a year now and I have a regular period every month (plus +opks) so I do ovulate. I just hope this isn't the reason I'm not getting pregnant because I will be :growlmad:

It's a vitamin B deficiency. There's a lot of talk everywhere on this forum. It has something to do with estrogen.

It's a vitamin B deficiency. There's a lot of talk everywhere on this forum. It has something to do with estrogen.

SERIOUSLY?!?!? I have vitamin b12 deficiency..although I haven't taken shots for it in over a year :blush:. I never knew that could be the cause of it though!!!

I agree. It's incredibly frustrating. I thought it was totally normal until I started posting here... and then it was like "Uh oh". I honestly didn't realize it wasn't like that for everyone. I don't remember ever not being like this.

I'm afraid it's luteal phase defect or something.

My other question is if you're spotting at the end of EVERY cycle, it's obviously your lining breaking down, right? At what point do you consider your Luteal Phase over? Because sometimes I start to spot around 9 or 10 dpo, which would make my LP pretty short, but nobody says boo, because full heavy flow hasn't started yet, but if I'm spotting, my body couldn't *possibly* uphold a pregnancy, could it?

A lot of people spot before their period it's not necessarily a defect. Its just when the egg begins to disintegrate and the progesterone hormone is lower then the lining will start to come away, in some people really slowly at first depending on the speed of disintegration.

Having said that, some people spot old brown blood just due to it being dislodged, although if it's just before your period it's likely to be due to the disintegration of the egg (although some will be dislodged due to implantation)

You just never know although generally my doc said spotting is because the progesterone levels are lowering.

Good luck though

xx

A lot of people spot before their period it's not necessarily a defect. Its just when the egg begins to disintegrate and the progesterone hormone is lower then the lining will start to come away, in some people really slowly at first depending on the speed of disintegration.

Having said that, some people spot old brown blood just due to it being dislodged, although if it's just before your period it's likely to be due to the disintegration of the egg (although some will be dislodged due to implantation)

You just never know although generally my doc said spotting is because the progesterone levels are lowering.

Good luck though

xx

If that's what it is, do you think it's a bad sign that it's happening around 9-10 dpo for me?

I had brown spotting yesterday, I was 12 DPO and I wasn't expecting my period till tomorrow. But, I got my period full force last night so I'm out for the month. Usually brown spotting is normal, I have always had it right as my period starts :(

I don't think so All macsnow. If the egg is fertilised then it will try to implant, if it doesn't implant then it will disintegrate, it has plenty of time to implant up until 9-10 dpo, & from what my doc said, if it is fertilized then the egg wont disintegrate as soon as a non fertilised egg.

Just sounds to me like you haven't had a fertilised egg yet... I'm sure it wont be long, a healthy couple who time :sex: at the right time & have no problems only have a 20% change of :spermy: fertilising the egg & implanting each month.

Just keep positive & keep having fun.

xxx

Thank you for the replies :flower:, it really is nice to know I am not alone with this whole spotting crap! I'm just going to keep an eye on it and see what my levels come back as on Monday. It would make sense though for the spotting to occur, especially since progesterone levels do drop for AF...

Bumping this up.

I've never had this problem before in the 14 years I've been having a period. I usually just start lighting bleeding then full force AF comes later that day or the next morning. Well about 4 days ago I started spotting brown. Mainly I noticed it when I wiped but sometimes I would find in my underwear. Well this morning the spotting turned do a rusty red and now it's gone. It's been 4 days of this and AF has not started. She is due sometime this week. What is going on? It's worrying me a little bit! Thanks!:flower:

I've been getting this as well, it seems to be 3 days of brown spotting with the occasional bright red when I wipe. Then AF 'properly' starts but only lasts about 2 days and is very light. It started for me today, I was planning on testing tomorrow when i'd be 13 dpo but not sure if i'll waste the test now... :(

I found out that there is nothing wrong with me so apparently the spotting 5-7 days before AF is just "normal". My doctor called and told me to take Motrin 600 3x a day for 3 days to see if it stops it. I guess it's safe to use if you aren't pregnant, plus it's only 3 days. So, I am going to try that and see what happens. I guess the only other option is BCP, and I am NOT going down that route, obviously!

I know this is an older thread but I was wondering the same thing while TTC, as I'm a serial spotter, so I wanted to give my input in hopes of helping other ladies who may be worried about the same thing. My doctor wasn't too concerned about my spotting, she said it could be low progesterone or just my "normal". The month that I got my BFP I did not spot at all, although I have heard of women still spotting for a day or two and then it stopped and they got their BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->