Bruising days after surgery?

Amythyst

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I noticed tonight that I have developed a big bruise above my incision. Part of it is very dark purplish reddish and then some blueish parts around it. I was concerned and called my on call doctor here at 4 am. She seemed sort of annoyed that I called her and said it was totally normal as long as it isn't red and hot. Well it's darkish reddish purple and it's warm to the touch I guess... Lol. She got sort of short with me and said I was welcome to call at nine to come in and have her look at it. But she repeated its quite normal to get bruises.

I have an appointment already on Monday for my follow up but should I bother going in special this morning? My husband thinks I should wait it out and see if it gets bigger.

Since I'm not allowed to drive, we have to pack up the baby and have hubby drive me there and just don't want to take him out more than we need to.

Is this just a sign i am doing too much? Or just something that we all get?

I had significant bruising after both my sections. There's a lot of tugging and pulling during the op and they kind of clamp you open so it is definitely to be expected. If I remember correctly it took about 3 weeks or so to disappear, it sort of faded off to a yellow colour before it went completely

I had very large bruising with my first. Totally normal.

Thank you ladies... Nobody warned me about bruising and it wasn't there when I was at the hospital .... It just appeared yesterday, so hubby and I were concerned that I might be bleeding inside or something.

I have my follow up appointment on Monday, so I will just wait for them to check it again then.

My incision looks pretty good and isn't ooosing or bleeding, so I guess I'm ok. :)

Some hospitals definitely forget to tell you some things. It's always better to be safe than sorry! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->