Bubble bath for babys with excema?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any bubble bath for babys with excema? x

sanex is supposed to be lovely. I have no personal experiance with exma though. sorry

I get a bath lotion off the doctor x

oilatum?? i was given this for my lil girl off the doc xx

Oilatum isn't bubbles, just an oil. We have this too. But we also alternate with bubble bath as bubbles are so fun. We use ASDAs own sensitive bubbles. Hypoallergenic and not scented

xx

My little sister had e45 bath stuff... you can buy it from boots but she wasnt a baby baby wen she started using it so im not sure of the age... xxx

i have eczema and its awful finaly mine is ok now but they say dont use bubble baths ect but i found dove was great on my skin n helped clear up my eczema wen it was at its worst.

if u buy body wash dove n pore it under a tape it makes bubble bath lol

my son had terrible eczema when he was younger and it turned out he was allergic to red food colourings :( we have to be careful with his diet but its now alot better

Simple bath and soap products are the only thing our doctor said we could use :)

Oilatum, thats what we use for Dec but we only use it every other night, the night in between we use Tescos own brand baby bath, recommended (sp) by Doc, cus we like him to have some bubbles now and again. Just use plenty of Diprobase after the bath. xx

Thankyou everyone...i too have oilatum...but i want my bubs to have fun in the bath...he doesn't cry when hes in the bath but he doesn't look too overly excited...x

You won't find a bubble bath that is suitable for children with eczema as its the ingredient that makes the bubbles that usually causes the problems.

You need to avoid products with sodium laureyl/laureth (sp!) as its an irritant.

My son had terrible eczema as a baby and we had to wrap him in bandages from 6 months old. I found a range at boots that said it was for eczema sufferers but when i showed it to the eczema nurse she said it was unsuitable because of the ingredients.

I now use creams, shower gel, handwash etc from the health food shops. Its expensive but Kians eczema has almost gone and he only has occasional flare ups.

I've bought Allergenics baby bath (from health shop) for this baby in the hope it might limit skin problems.

i have eczema and i put oats in a mesh bag oats are naturally reallly good for moisturizing skin, as for making the bath fun lots of toys might be a better idea than bubble bath...

you could always color the water with a dash of food dye

awww Bubbs is still a little young. Give it a few months and playtime should start, lots of toys help. If there are bubbles LO wont be able to see the toys, think of it that way ;)

Thanks for your help guys...think i might have to stick to bath toys...dont want his skin condition to get worse:) xx

Infaderm also do a bubble bath. This is fine on my LOs skin, i would try things, it's the only way to find out whether they are ok or not. Providing you LOs skin isn't too sensitive that is. See you DR and he will be able to give you Oilatum Jr on prescription. It is an oil you put into the bath.

xx

https://www.infaderm.co.uk/csp/gsh/infaderm/index.csp in case you wanted to check infaderm out

Ooooo thanks hun!...i didn't know infaderm did bubble bath! I dont think his skin is too sensitive now...it used to be...Thanks hun:hugs: x

My son has also an itching problem.It is due to food allergy(food that are rich in protien). I need substitution of his daily bath soap,I am using now lactacyd, may be that is one of the causes.

I was given Aveeno oil bath, by my doctor and aveeno cream when Ewan had a flare up of excema.

I was given Aveeno oil bath, by my doctor and aveeno cream when Ewan had a flare up of excema.

i loved aveeno when my skin was bad its so creamy.

altho im still stickin to dove helped me clear my eczema up lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->