Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

And I've been able to feel the baby on the outside of my tummy all the time now! Only when I am laying on my back and she is being active, but that is every morning and often when I lay down for bed or in the middle of the night. OH was able to feel her a couple of times too <3

That heartbreaking moment that the Genetics Office and Maternal Fetal Medicine tells you they won't take you as a patient despite the referrals and obvious need for.it

What?? Navy that's ridiculous!! You have referrals and a history and genetic testing done. I'm so mad at them for not taking you :/

Michelle, Dh was able to feel baby for the first times tooo! ! Just a tiny bit as the placenta cushions some movement. But still something!

Michele we had no nursery with DD and it is hard. People are decorating and picking out themes and everything and it can be a bummer. Is there any way you can take a corner of your room and make it feel like a small nursery? Maybe hang something that goes along with your theme or a mobile or something?

Navy that's just insane about the referral. Sometimes doctors, medicine and insurance just make no sense. You should be given all of the help and testing they offer! So sorry :(

Luckily, my Dr was able to get hold of them last minute and somehow get me an appt for Oct 22nd!!

Also,
Just wanted to share this, I made a memorial shadow box for my first MMC, Robin Leigh, who was due Jan 25th
The box
https://i.imgur.com/gzl3wnn.jpg
DH and I
https://i.imgur.com/v2vHRwv.jpg

We're going to be working on Sophie's once the last few decorations for hers come in

I'm soooo glad you got the app and those shadow boxes are adorable and heartwarming &#9825;&#9825;

Navy - Yay for getting into the genetic testing after all! I hope the time goes fast. I love your shadow box, what a great idea!

Michele - I have a friend who has four kids so her last one shared a room with them and they make a corner and hung a chandelier (it was a baby girl) and but her name in pink wall art on the wall to make it "her" area of the room. It turned out quite beautiful! Even if you hung a decorative blanket or sheet on the wall of her area would make it seem more "nursery" like.

Amanda - How are you recovering from your assault?? I hope that you are taking the time for you that you need.

DH feels the baby more often (on weekends when he is home) now and I caught the baby kicking on video, it is hard to tell but if you know when to expect it, it is obvious. 7 more weeks until DH is home for good (one of those weeks I am staying with him) and after that 9 until my due date!

Is it going by fast or slow your ladies? I feel like some weeks fly by and others drag on, but as I look back to when I hit my second trimester the time has gone pretty quick!

Wow when you break it down like that it seems like it'll be here so quick!! Just over 16 weeks now to go.
Hopeful,you will be reunited so soon!

I feel like it's gone slow.
But looking back it's already been a while 6 months which seems so crazy. It's confusing.

I'm doing okay after it. I still get Dh to pick me up from the bus stop when he can. Every now and then I drive to school. I'm keeping all my receipts incase when they charge her they can make her pay me back the money I've spent from being too afraid to walk.
Who knows!

Work and school sure is tiring when I'm also growing a baby. I'm constantly tired! But it's so worth it!

Navy, so glad your doctor was on the ball and able to get you in there! Hopefully you will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon <3 also, love the shadow box! So cute and sweet :)

Litebright (love your name, btw! I saw a light bright at a rummage the weekend before last and wanted to buy it but it hardly came with any pegs and all the paper was used up... So I decided against it. But certainly a pleasant blast from the past!) and Hopeful, those are great ideas! We are so cramped for space in our current spot. If we have to stay till after baby is here then I will for sure try something like that. But I'm really hoping we at least have a new place lined up by the time baby is here because that will make me feel a lot better about it. I just wish we weren't all going to be cramped in that tiny place together and that I could put a nursery together now... I started sewing one of my baby outfits on wednesday night and will probably have it finished by tonight. Then I have two more to make still before I go buy more fabric and make more stuff. Hopefully the sewing will help satisfy the urge to prepare the way for baby.

I think it is going by pretty fast! Like it seems slow, but when I think back to when I got my bfp, a part of me feels like it was weeks ago and not months. I think January will be here in no time!

Amanda, glad you are doing ok and don't have to walk all the time. Did you look into the pepper spray yet? They have little keychain ones so you just always have it with you wherever you go.

I wish I could walk all the time!paying for parking sucks!
I haven't looked into it yet.

https://i60.tinypic.com/2ntcjt5.jpg

23 +4

My ribs on my right have been killing me lately. I think everything is being pushed up and ribs out. So uncomfortable!!

Yeah, that's so crappy that that bitch had to mess that up for you :-( but holy cow, what a big bump! You look so much more pregnant than me haha. That sucks about your ribs! I have been feeling out of breath a lot lately and a lot of times feel like I can't take a deep breath which is super uncomfortable but nothing painful yet...

Haha I know it's gotten big! I love it &#9825; can't wait to be super big!
The joys of baby shoving up all your organs

Wow so much has gone on since I was last here..!

Amanda I am so sorry to hear what happened, I am glad you are safe and hope they charge her. Also great bump.

Navy I'm glad you have got the appointment and hope they are able to help you and your husband.

So, for me I have been quite busy recently just with work and stuff- I have my maternity date all sorted now, I'll be taking the rest of my annual leave for this year before Christmas which is nice as I then get to have it all off with my family, can enjoy it and relax. Maternity leave will then start at the beginning of January. I'll be taking 9ish months off so going back to work next October time. Has anyone else sorted their maternity leave out yet?

Baby girl is kicking all the time now, I can see her on the outside moving and DH can also feel her as well, I love it!!

I'm still being sick, I was feeling a bit better so I missed a few dosages of the antisickness and wow it came back with a vengeance- defo not going to miss any doses again.

How is everyone else doing?

Great Bump Amanda! You are so nice and round, most days my bump looks more B-shaped...he is hanging out very low.

Sorry to hear you are still sick Flourish!!

My plan is to work right up until about a week before my due date, but I also commute for an hour one-way so if the highways are terrible I will go early. I will be taking a full year off. Most likely going back February 2017 but it will depend on DH's apprenticeship schedule as well.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I got so much done, built baby's dresser/change table, got his room more organized, prep meals for the week and got all my laundry done! Plus celebrated a good friends bday Saturday night and everyone was obsessed with touching the bump, it was entertaining watching peoples reactions!

I can feel him everyday now, this morning when DH got up at 4:30 and left for school baby was kicking like crazy, today will be a long day. lol I hope this week goes fast as I have a week of holidays next week! This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so we are going to Edmonton to visit my little sister and do some shopping!

Went to the DR today for some preliminary results for things like HIV, Lupus, etc etc and my Lupus test came back with a positive. So I have to be tested again on the 30th since it was barely over the threshold for what's considered positive. I also requested a copy of my US with Sophie and the radiologist asked if I wanted them all. I thought she meant like 3 or 4 of my last one so I said sure, I was happy to have more than just one. She came back with TWO discs full of nearly a hundred images from all 4 scans I had with Sophie from week 5 to 10. My favorite is this one, taken just before my D&C. Is it just me and wishful thinking or can you make out where her face was starting to form and get features and the outlines of the beginnings of arms and legs and little feet buds and it looks like she's curled in the fetal position? (Head on the left, little bum on the right)
https://i.imgur.com/DnskFl4.jpg

We also finished Sophie's shadow box today. We hung it next to Robins.
https://i.imgur.com/rIkiNlQ.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/OtCrq79.jpg

Thanks hopeful!
Sounds like youve got tons done!
We bought a dresser and put all his clothes in there. Got some big foam mats too.
Asked our landlords the chances of breaking the lease early to find a 2 bedroom before baby arrives. They said we can move anytime we'd like. They have another tenant lined up (mother in law) so it's all good with them. I love when life works out so well.
We have a placed lined up today to see. Hopefully we get it!
Then we can officially make his nursery :')

Navy, I can definitely see those features you are mentioning. Happy to hear yoy are slowly getting more answers about everything. Those shadow boxes are so lovely &#9825;

Also some dumb things about mil again.
She continues to ask what babies name will be. "But I'm your mom" she says to Dh "I won't tell" "it's me" are her excuses. Pisses me off.
And when Dh told her I was his next of kin, not her anymore, her response was "why? I'm your mother"
Like f*** off lady. You're his mom. I'm his wife. I have obligations and a family and life with him out here. You're his mom on the other side of the country. We have a baby.

He says she just didn't expect that answer from him so it was her first thought. But I don't get that either. It should be so obvious to her that I would be the next of kin. Do a "oh Okay that's makes sense" response would make more sense at least.

I am NOT looking forward to their visit in march. She's gotten on my last nerve. Which sucks because she is actually a lovely lady. She just can't let go of Dh and accept me.

Ugh... I hate when people grill you about questions like the name, like if I wanted you to know I would tell you!

The next of kin situation seems to be a given! lol I would find it strange if I wasn't my husbands next of kin! Hopefully the visit in March will be completely focused on the excitement of baby and she doesn't offer "too many" of her own opinions.

Navy - the shadow boxes are beautiful. I hope your next lupus test goes better. Lupus is not easy to live with. I do hope they can narrow down if something is preventing you from carrying to term and get it worked out soon!

Today is one of those days at work where I just wish I was on Maternity leave with my son! Roughly 15 weeks until maternity leave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->