Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

I have not noticed that happen to me!

So yesterday on my 2 block walk home from the bus stop I was assaulted.
Some women attacked me, pushed me, twisted my wrists and fingers and spit in my face.
It was so scary.
She was clearly intoxicated and told the police she thought it as someone else. But still.
I called the police and they brought me to the hospital for reassurance. Washed out my eye with saline.
Nothing could be transmitted so I feel okay there.
My husband was so mad at the person and upset that "he couldn't protect me". Because he was still at work.
I'm pressing charges so I'll have to go to court whenever that goes through.
But now my anxiety that I already had about walking alone is so much higher.
I drove to school today because I started to cry just thinking about walking.
I know next time I walk past someone I'm just going to cry.

I think the worst part is when Dh got home before coming to the hospital to get me, the neighbour's asked if I was okay. A few people on the road had seen the woman stumbling around the street for a bit and nobody called the police on her. And because they didn't, I was attacked.

Urg :(

OMG Amanda!!!! That is horrible!

I am glad that you are pressing charges though, that could have ended so badly if she had been more forceful. I am very happy to hear that you and babe are ok, physically! Emotionally it will take time to heal, I do not blame you for not wanting to walk alone, I sure wouldn't.

Navy, hope the d&c gives you good answers!

Hopeful, omg he is so cute! Great pics!! And thanks for the info on the infinity scarf. I'll probably be going to the fabric store again soon. I wanted to make blankets too.

I'm not sure what Braxton hicks are supposed to feel like but when my plane arrived in Oregon and it was finally time to get up and out, when I stood up I had horrible cramping that scared me and made me worry something was wrong. But then 5 minutes later it just stopped. I've had that same bad kind of cramp a couple of times since but it only lasts under a minute each time. It's kind of like it goes across my whole abdomen on the bottom. I assumed it was my parts stretching but Braxton also popped into my head. Just not sure lol. I'll have to ask the doctor next time!

Amanda, hooooly cow! That is so terrifying and I'm so glad you're ok! What a crazy bitch and how dare she! I feel so bad for you :-( do you live in an unsafe neighborhood or was that just crazy random? Either way, I wouldn't walk alone there anymore either! I hope you are able to feel better and less freaked out and anxious soon!

I live in a very safe neighbourhood. On a dead end street where everyone knows eachother. Right near the base. She actually lives 2 hours away the police said.
It could have been so much worse, and I'm thankful it wasn't any thing more than that.
But still the mental damage is strong.
:(

Hopeful I wouldn't worry about Braxton hicks. I've been having them for over a month and had them like that with my daughter too. If you have too many drink some water and prop your feet up.

Scans are looking nice! We have another tomorrow. Hoping my placenta has moved since last time so I can stop worrying about it. It'll be hard to resist asking for babys gender while I'm in there but if I've made it this far I can do it. It's just making picking out names extremely difficult.

Navy sorry they lost your results. That's ridiculous. Are you going to ttc right away or wait for the results to come back before making any decisions?

How messed up! Just goes to show that no matter where you are, you can't let yourself develop a false sense of security... :-/ Maybe carrying around pepper spray would help a little? I used to have some on a keychain the first few years after moving out of my parents and it always made me less scared walking in and out of places especially after dark. Id love to take a self defense class too someday... It sucks that there are not only people like that but also people who commit mass shootings and stuff like that. Makes me very nervous and worried to bring a child into this world :-/ I'm never going to want her to move away from me lol!

Woah I posted not seeing there was a whole other page of posts! Scary Amanda! Good lord people are crazy! So glad injuries were just minor, although that doesn't ease your mind much I'm sure.

Michelle Braxton hicks shouldn't be painful or cramp like. They are more like a tightening and make your breathing feel a bit weird if that makes sense? If you had cramping feeling id mention that to your doctor

Ok, well whatever I had hurt! I'd say the same pain level as a bad period cramp but not the same feeling. I will mention it to the doc. Hopefully it's just stretching pains!

This is gross but has anyone been peeing when they sneeze or cough?? It's been happening to me several times a week. If I'm sitting down I'm usually fine unless I have a sneezing fit but when I'm standing and have a coughing fit or sneeze, it's usually bad... I also feel like a leak little bits of pee without noticing because sometimes I'll go to the bathroom and it really smells like pee :-/ I googled it to see if it happens to others but some people who thought they were peeing would go to the doctor and find out they were actually leaking amniotic fluid! Which sounds terrifying... I will bring it up when I'm at the doctor but for now just wondering if anyone else has similar issues :-/ I've always heard that after you have a baby you pee when you sneeze but never expected that at this point!!

Omg, so I just checked my email and like 15 min ago I got an email from whattoexpect with the headline "Q&A: Bladder Control." Too funny! I'll have to read that now and see what it says.

Yeah Dh says I should carry pepper spray.
I thought that was illegal to do in Canada. But I'm thinking of it.
Just crazyness.

Michelle, I'm worried it will happened but it hasn't actually yet! Lol I'd mention it to the dr either way

After you have the baby you should consider taking self defense classes too, especially if DH is gone sometimes and you have to be alone. I'm definitely going to get around to taking a class one of these days. I was looking into it right before I got pregnant lol.

And yeah, I'm gonna mention it to the doctor. It makes me feel so gross!

LiteBright - I am not worried about them at all! I just have never experienced them before so it is exciting and brand new for me, and I didn't know it happened so early. Good Luck at your scan!

Michele - I have heard its super common in pregnancy and after to pee when you sneeze or cough or do jumping jacks lol. Pelvic Floor Muscle exercises are supposed to help. :) I try to remember to do them, but I always forget.

Michele I've had that happen too. It happened a lot at the end of pregnancy with DD so I started wearing panty liners just incase I were to sneeze haha. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Scan went ok for me. Baby is doing great! My placeneta has moved some but not quite enough yet. They are pretty sure it'll be out of the way by next scan in 4 weeks.

That is great that your scan went well LiteBright.

I hope everyone had a good weekend...We painted the nursery...although we decided that we are leaving the queen bed in that room until I am ready to move baby fully into the nursery, just for the first few weeks when people visit so they don't have to sleep in our basement if they are visiting. But now that it is painted I am so excited to get it organized!

Our testing came back. Our baby was a little girl, our Sophie Remilia-Eve. There was a chromosomal disorder, Trisomy 4p, which is a rare condition considered incompatible with life in most cases. Since its identification in 1970, only 85 cases have been reported in medical literature in the USA. This condition is almost always caused by a Balanced Translocation in one of the parents so we did all of our genetic screenings today, well have results in 2-6 weeks and go from there.

This all from my Dr, I'm sorta numb and just not all here at the moment.... so if any of that is wrong, sorry about that. That's the most I remember at the moment.

That's a hard thing to take in :(
your next babe will have such a little chance of being effected however.
You're a strong woman ♡

while the chance is low of Trisomy 4p, if we have a translocation, the chance of another Trisomy or chromosomal defect that is incompatible with life is greatly increased, and so my Dr estimates that if I have a translocation, my chances are about 1 in 15000 of carrying a perfectly healthy baby to term

I have no words :(
None that would be of help anyways. But your family is in my heart ♡

Oh Navy, I'm so sorry :-( I hope neither of you have the translocation! Hopefully the fact that you've already carried one healthy child to term means you don't! You will be in my thoughts and I really hope you get some good news next...

Litebright, so glad you're baby's doing good :)

I always try to remember to pick up pantiliners but somehow always forget when I am making my grocery list or at the store... :-/

Hopeful, that's great you've been able to work on the nursery! I can only imagine that it must feel great. I try not to think of such things as we have no room for a nursery in this place so I just get sad if I think about how I can't put one together...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->