Buddy Wanted for Upcoming Ovulation Journey

Taurus8484

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im 37, (38 next month) and about to start my ovulation journey sometime in the next few days.

Im looking for a buddy who is also due to start ovulating in the next few days so we can ride the TWW together.........

Hi! I am 37 as well. I think I may have O'ed yesterday. I got what appeared to be a positive opk but my temp didn't go up today so I'm not sure if I actually did or not. If my body just geared up for O and then didn't then I may still O in the next day or so. I would be glad to ride the 2ww with you!! Are you temping or doing opks? Or just going the old fashioned way??

Hi Cassie........I should be ovulating in the next 2-3 days if previous months are any indication. Im checking my BBT every day and charting and using ovulation kits as well. I wouldnt worry too much, my temperature doesnt go up for around two days after I test positive for ovulation.

So are trying TTC #1 or do you have other children???

Hi Cassie........I should be ovulating in the next 2-3 days if previous months are any indication. Im checking my BBT every day and charting and using ovulation kits as well. I wouldnt worry too much, my temperature doesnt go up for around two days after I test positive for ovulation.

So are trying TTC #1 or do you have other children???

I am actually ttc #5. I have 4 kids, but because the youngest (my twins) are 12 it really feels all new to me again.

Thats very helpful to know that you're temps don't go up until 2 days after. :thumbup:

Do you have other children or is this #1 for you?

Hi there!

Can I join in on the waiting game? I'm 35 and ttc #1.

I am just doing temping -- haven't done the OPKs yet, but I had an appt with an RE on Tuesday -- he did an US and said I have a couple of follicles ready to "pop" on Thursday or Friday. We'll see if the temps match up!

Hi BuffaloGal, of course you can join in, the more the merrier. How long have you been trying to conceive???

Cassie - trying for #1. Didnt meet my husband until I was 35, so already had a late start in the pregnancy game. Been trying for around 5 months now, although I dont really count the first three months, as I only starting temping and using the opk for the last couple of months and found out that I ovulate later than the 14 days I thought I did because Im on a 28-29 day cycle. I ovulate around day 17. So all the time I thought we were doing it at the right time, we werent and when we should have been doing it, we werent. So, now I know when I do and dont, have a better chance of conceiving.

You should see your temps start to rise in the next couple of days after testing + and it will either stay up and then start to fall a few days before your AF or if it stays up, you will be pregnant. Also keep in mind that when you get a + test, you will ovulate within 24-48 hours, so maybe not have ovulated yet.

Hi Buffalogal and WELCOME!!

My temp was up today! YAY!! :happydance: But I *think* that I got what appeared to be another positive opk today. I don't know what is up with that. Maybe I'm slightly color blind and can't read them right. hahahaha Also, today my bbs are a bit sore so maybe I geared up for O but didn't actually release the egg, and now I'm getting ready to O for real this time?? I really don't know. :wacko:

I'm so glad to have a couple buddies to do this with though!!!

Here's to us getting our :bfp:

Well Im do to ovulate in the next couple of days I think. Checked my cervix this morning and had lots of eggwhite CM so gearing up hubby to get ready for a few days of bonking!!! Not that he minds of course. And I was super excited this is the first time I have had a eggwhite CM instead of just watery type. I dont know if it is because I was on birth control pills for 22 years and its taken six months for them to get out of my system completely and my hormone levels to go back to normal, but I have it. Was so excited my hubby thought I had gone mad!!

Your temp has gone up and your boobs are sore, I would say that you have already ovulated then. My boobs bloody kill me a few days after. They dont when I have my AF though. If your temp is up again tomorrow, then probably safe to say you did ovulate.

Im thinking positive for all of us.............heres to getting a BFP this cycle!!!

We've been trying for five months now. How long did you try before you started in on OPKs? My temps have given a good pattern each month, but now that I hear that the rise might be two days after O, I wonder if I've been just a bit off! Sticks may be the way to go....

This month was strange, I had a drop on CD8 and then a rise on CD9.(!) I've never had that happen before, but I took my temp again each time to be sure. So odd. If I hadn't had an US this week, I would have sword I'd O'd super early, but the picture said otherwise. So today should be the day!

I'm hoping for BFPs all around!

I'm thinking that you may be right, Taurus. The opks are driving me nuts. I bought cheap ones so maybe they are just screwy!! :wacko:

Buffalogal, that is SO exciting that you got to see and KNOW that you are ready to O!! BD your heart out!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

We've been trying for five months now. How long did you try before you started in on OPKs? My temps have given a good pattern each month, but now that I hear that the rise might be two days after O, I wonder if I've been just a bit off! Sticks may be the way to go....

This month was strange, I had a drop on CD8 and then a rise on CD9.(!) I've never had that happen before, but I took my temp again each time to be sure. So odd. If I hadn't had an US this week, I would have sword I'd O'd super early, but the picture said otherwise. So today should be the day!

I'm hoping for BFPs all around!

I used the cheap OPK's at first, but I just found them way too hard to try and read. Im using the digital ones now by Clearblue. They are much more expensive, but it takes all the guess work out of it. Been using the more expensive option for the last two months and I love seeing the smiley face to say your lh surge has occurred and you will be ovulating within the the 24-48 hours.

Yes, your temps will rise after you ovulated, so if you waiting to see that sign on your BBT before you do the deed, sorry to say that your too late. BBT is great for telling when you did ovulate or in fact you ovulated at all, but OPK is the way to catch it before you do and have a better chance.

I have weird flunctations on the chart sometimes too. If it goes back normal the next day, I just ignore it.

I'm thinking that you may be right, Taurus. The opks are driving me nuts. I bought cheap ones so maybe they are just screwy!! :wacko:

Buffalogal, that is SO exciting that you got to see and KNOW that you are ready to O!! BD your heart out!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I started using the cheap ones, found them too hard to read. Digital ones, more expensive but take the guess work out of it.

So today, I took another opk.(just for the heck of it) And it was as dark if not darker than any of the other ones that I have taken. I just don't know what to think. I guess next month I need to invest in a digi one.

I would, much easier to use. Have your temp's gone up by at least 0.4 of a degree???

I ovulated yesterday. Had an ultrasound also and told everything was perfect, so going to keep trying naturally for a few more months, then go to fertility clinic.

I have been temping and today I got my crosshairs. FF placed my O date as cd17. Which I toally wasn't expecting. :nope: We did bd on cd16, but I don't know if that was enough. So according to that, I am only 3dpo.

Yay, Taurus!! Knowing that you O is a huge step in this whole ttc journey!!:happydance:

My temp spiked yesterday, so it would seem I O'd on Fri or Sat CD16 or 17. Hmmm... the US would have put it at CD15 or 16. We couldn't BD until CD16 (DH was out of town), but I'm hopeful!

I didn't understand about the temp spike until I started temping, but when mine goes up I am absolutely boiling through the night. I turn the heat down in the house, but I still wake up with night sweats. How did I not notice that signal before?!?

So, I should be 3 or 4dpo now. Fingers crossed and baby dust to all of us!

It is funny that you say that Buffalogal, because I always know that their is a night or two most months that I am too hot to sleep. I always just attributed it to pms. I never thought about it having to do with ovulation. hmmmm.....

Yeah, I get that too but not just sleeping. I was out shopping and I got so hot, I had to sit down. Maybe because our body temps rise after we ovulate, we feel the heat a bit more........dont really know.

Well Im 3DPO now and trying to stay positive as we BD'ed when we were suppose to and the timing just seemed right.

Dont have any symptoms but I wouldnt be expecting them anyway yet.

I wouldnt give up hope yet BuffaloGal, you BD either the day you ovulated or the day before, still hope.

Cassie, you said that FF said you ovulated around CD17. What days did you test positive in the OPK's again sorry??

Taurus, I got what I believed to be positive opks on cd12 and 13. A friend (who has done a lot of charting) said that maybe I a) read the opks wrong b) geared up to O but didn't so my body tried again and finally popped the egg again on cd17 or c) because I've just started charting, I may not being exact enough with taking my temp within the same half hour of each day so my chart is just off. I take it before I get out of bed each morning, but I don't always wake up at the same time each day. She said that I should set my alarm each day next month for a more accurate reading.

According to FF, I'm just 4dpo so I guess we have a loooong tww ahead of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->