Budget Vs Amount of presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I've set a budget of £150 each for our boys and as I was doing their lists I realised one had more than the other but they had roughly the same amount left to spend...

Daft question but I'm thinking I should try and work it so they both get roughly the same amount...I'm not even sure they would notice tbh

Connah is getting a lot of bigger things where as Jack being younger is getting a few smaller bits appropriate for his age etc...

What are people's thoughts on this?xx:flower:

I think that we as parents put so much pressure on ourselves with this question and I bet the kids couldn't care less of notice. A few presents here and there ain't going to make much difference in my opinion unless you have a spoilt child who decides to count all the presents like Dudley in Harry potter :haha:. I think kids will just be that excited they won't even realise.

I've always been really funny where I NEED them to have exact same number of presents. Last year I began to be able to let go. In the past I've said "present number the same while they believe in Santa, when they know its me it'll be budget" but I am trying to relax and be more realistic. This year I have a budget, based roughly on last years spending. I will aim to spend no more than this, and get roughly the same number of presents, I won't vary by more than 1 or 2 in number (except ds4 his will be quite a bit smaller as he'll only be 14 months) They are not going to count how many they have or notice a difference unless one has like 10 more. It was just my own personal hang up.

I don't think it matters. One of Emily's costs the same as all of gabbys put together. I think as parents we do put a lot if pressure on ourselves. But in the heat of the excitement whatever the age if they are things you want I really do not think it matters either way :flower:

I tend to spend the same amount rather then worry about the amount of presents by time all the presents of Santa, family and friends are round the tree there is more then enough to keep everyone happy x

I do amount of presents and will until they are old enough to understand the value of money then I'll do money ds1 presents cone to around £400 whereas ds2 only Come to about £15the

I only have Colin but think I wouldn't worry to much about this.

I have always worried about both, so far they have had the same amount of budget with the same amount of presents each year. Although their budgets will be the same this year I am determined not to worry about numbers.

Although DD1 still believes in Santa (although I'm not really sure she does) she realises that what she is asking for is bigger so I think that now is a good time for us. Tbh I really don't think they would even notice, their usually far to busy opening their own to even notice the others lol

tbh last year i ended up just spending for the sake of it just to make it fair. it stressed me out and they ended up with loads of stuff that was barely touched. This year the will just get what i know they will like. i've tried to match smaller bits eg. both a jigsaw, both a sound book. but money amounts i've used more vouchers on harveys just because more of his stuff was from amazon, where morgans stuff from disney or smyths will cost more as i wont be using vouchers. as long as one doesn't have significantly more gifts or money amount i'll just leave it.

Well DD2 will be getting both a smaller budget and smaller amount of presents this year. She's only going to be 3 months old at xmas so she's not going to understand anyway. When she's older and has the same budget as DD1 I doubt i'll buy the exact amount of presents each either. I don't remember me and my younger sister ever comparing our present piles or anything, I think adults get more hung up about this than kids tbh.

I think my need for them to all have the same came from knowing my Mum kept a list so she could make sure the 3 of us all had the same.

Thanks ladies :)

I'm stressing far too much about this really...

They both only have a small difference in amounts and that's because connahs are a bit bigger so it can't be helped.

I did a lot of buying for the sake of it last year to make numbers up but I definitely won't be doing it this year! I'm sticking to my list....honest! Haha xx

i always feel like i need to get morgan that bit more because he's only really got me buys for him :( (has no contact with dad or any of his family) and harvey gets spoilt like mad at his dads house by all his family there, like harvey gets 2 xmases but morgan wont which doesn't seem fair but then buying morgan more doesn't seem fair either lol! it's hard with stuff like that!

If I had another I'd try to match the present amount rather than cost. Growing up with two sisters I know there'd have been jealousy between us if there was obvious differences, and we didn't have a clue what things cost. Even now, though I set a budget I try to match the gift amount when buying for my sisters :lol:

I won't be worrying too much about this - I think so long as the presents are things they want they won't notice how many there are, and they certainly won't be counting them! (Hayden will be 4 and Zoe 21 months).

I try and just have a roughly similar looking pile! If I went by budget alone, how would i factor in a large "main" present, got on extreme sale? Like my sons imaginext castle, usually around £50-60, for £10. Likewise quite a few of his gifts! Lexie was chosen thing that dont seem to go on bloody sale lol! so if i did it strictly the same money spent he would have this huge pile of great bargains, and she would have 4 things lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"