Budgets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkee12

Reaction score
Do you spend more on Birthday's or Christmas? And what is your budget (you don't have to say if you don't wan't)

I don't stick strictly to a budget but I do have a maximum spend in mind - £50 on birthday presents (plus a party) and £200 on Xmas including her stocking and Xmas eve bag. I use vouchers earned from surveys etc to cover most of that though so actual cash amount is quite low.

I don't keep to a strict budget,,, it's usually £100 birthday presents and then a day out or party this year she's having a small frozen themed birthday tea party

And about £200-£250 for christmas I usually come in under for christmas I look out for deals voucher codes etc... I tried doing surveys but I got bored :( xx

I do a few surveys too and get Amazon/John Lewis vouchers towards Xmas/birthdays etc

I try to limit my spend to £100 per person per event. That obviously is a little bit flexible - like last year we had a party for Earl and that came to just over £100 but he still got a few pressies lol. Obviously we wont be doing a party for each of them each year so that's a one off. If possible I'll stick to £60 of pressies plus a day out/meal for a birthday, then it's around £60 per person for Christmas then that gives me a pot for joint/random pressies for them all. I'm starting to do a 'large' present as a joint as in a few years we'll need to buy things like games consoles, computers, who knows what lol.

I try to save/spend £100 a month towards events and with 4 birthdays (including hubby) plus Christmas that's about right.

£80 ish for birthdays not including party and £250 for xmas, not including stocking (but don't spend much on that), Xmas Eve box or Xmas outfits. It's not a strict budget, but would rather not go over that ideally. x

How do u make so much money with surverys lol?! Is there a site i'm missing... have been plodding along for months with a couple of them, and I am just getting my first 10 pound amazon voucher now haha

Anyways my budget is what ever I decide it is :/ I just shop and when it looks like enough I stop, I buy throughout the year though to save money, so its not cos i'm flush its just cos i don't keep track :) x

i do 50 ish for birthdays + day out and usually just cake and a few nibbles for close family
this year i spent 20ish on morgan as he had £170 on a trip to thomasland

xmas is 200 each + stocking, xmas eve bag, and usually one big joint present

I'm a bit like Rhi_Rhi, i don't set a budget just look out for deals throughout the year and stop buying when I think I have enough. I would say I spend roughly the same for Birthday's as Christmas but could be way off as I don't keep track of the actual spend.

Christmas we try to stick to 200-250 have already spent 157 on eldest and still to buy his bike and helmet so at least another 100 on him. On youngest he has got about 150 including his bike. He has all his brothers old toys so really doesn't need much.
For birthdays it's usually what we can afford but usually around 100 and then 130-140 on party including cake. We have a huge family tho so that's why party's are so expensive. This year for christmas I want boys to have similar amounts of presents but no way will I spend same on both boys

I spend the same on birthday & Christmas. This year the budgets between £100 & £150 max.

We had this debate recently and we do tend to spend more on Christmas than birthdays as birthdays normally come with an additional treat/trip/party

Birthdays £100 present £100 day out and then normally £100 on party too.

Christmas £250 each but sometimes I go over but try not to.

My budget is what I can afford, as long as it bought and paid for by Christmas then I am happy. I don't actually spend that much cash to be honest as I make money on ebay, surveys, topcashback etc. This year up to now not including what I have made through Ebay I have got

£10 Argos vouchers
£110 M&S vouchers
£310 Amazon vouchers (although only got £70 at the moment left lol)
£605 in Topcashback which I am going to get in Currys vouchers with the extra 5% added on to go towards his new TV that he does not know about
£98 nectar Points
£25 Tesco (which I will double)
£27 boots
£20 Meat vouchers

For birthdays we give $100 to each kid and their grandparents give them $100 so they can go out and spend $200 on what they want (i encourage them to save some of it) they have a couple of little bits to open as well probably equal to no more than $50, we don't do parties anymore, but we take them out for a nice meal.

For Christmas it depends, last year we went way over board and spent around $2000 for all three kids this yr hoping to half that amount!!

Birthdays I don't have a set amount, it's more what we can afford and what the girls would like. DD1's birthday this year we spent about $200 on gifts and maybe another $90 on travel to my parents house (she wanted to have a party with my family in another state). So she was expensive. DD2 on the other hand I only spent maybe $75 on gifts and another $50 on her small party at home. So it varies a lot.

Christmas I have a set budget but aim to spend under. This year it's $300 per kid and I'll probably spend less on DD2 again when all is said and done because she's been handed down a lot of DD1's old toys and already has a lot of stuff she can grow into.

Between £50-100 on birthdays. But normally a party too which is another £100... And a mel out.

Christmas i don't set a budget. For Madi iv already spent £180 on 3 presents. And Zach has three which have cost me £10 delivered. I just get what I think they will like.
By no means do I have money to throw away though, I sell a lot on selling sites, old clothes, car boots etc, so I can afford it.

birthdays about 100, christmas around 300, plus sharing presents. Used to be less but has crept up as they got older and started wanting more expensive things and i couldn't bare the present pile shrinking that much lol the youngest (currently 10 months) will probably have 50 birthday and 100-150 christmas this year, although in my savings i've budgeted for him to have same as the others in case i see something perfect for him.

Birthday is always low key in my house compared to christmas although both are still a big deal

Me and OH split the money for both occasions equally so this year Callum's birthday presents are £100 (£50 each) and a day out.

Christmas is £300 (£150 each) I never ever stick to my share of the budget but this year I am traipsing around just trying to find stuff other than lego and vehicles but it's proving very difficult, he certainly knows what he likes this year that's for sure so I don't actually think I could go overboard unless I bought useless crap he wouldn't use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"