Building work on a Sunday so blooming loud!!

highhopes19

Reaction score
My estate is currently a construction site!! The company that owned it before ran out of money to complete so was left unfinished for over a year. Now a new company has brought the rest! It's terrible!

My other half is a builder but he even says it's out of order!

We pay a service charge for the upkeep of the area (well my parents do, so this is advice for all of us really:blush:). The service charge is for the cutting grass in the front garden, upkeep of estate I.e road sweeper, the upkeep of the "meadow".... Which don't even get me started on and the green in the middle.

The meadow is a shingle patch to the left of estate, which WE pay for but is completely trashed as its left open for the rest of public to use, the fence is broken, the weeds are taller than me, rubbish everywhere! Honestly if you saw it and paid £30 a month for the upkeep of it you'd be disgusted too! £30 per house and there's over 20 houses that pay this £30 a month!

The circle green in the middle which again we all pay for is now unable to be used the grass has been churned up by jcbs going across it!

Road sweepers we haven't seen one in months!

Yeah they cut our grass every 2 weeks but also cut the flowers Aswell :dohh:.

Now the new building company has brought the rest and were outside this morning as they are every other morning at 6:30am and on saturday it's sometimes earlier, Sunday they were building using jcbs, and other equipment that made the whole house shake at 7am!!

It's getting beyond a joke now! You can't hear yourselves think it's constant all day every day! It's a blooming nice lovely sunny hot day and we've got to sit in with all the windows shut as there's dust blowing everywhere and the noice is terrible!

The road sweeper comes along everyday now.....sweeping just the new part they've been building completely misses the rest :growlmad:.

Check with your local Council. Most areas have restrictions about when building work can take place.

With regards to the service charge. Can you speak to other residents and ask them if they have seen anything. See what it says n the agreement about the state of these public areas. as if they are meant to be fit for use and they are not, then why should you be keeping up your side of an agreement by paying for stuff that is not usable or happening!

What are they going to do if you dont pay? Ban you from using the 'meadow' or circle of grass? Oh wait................you cant anyway and everyone else can if they pay or not! Unless they are willing to put up padlocked gates and fences/walls, then they are taking the piss!

My mate used to work for a services company and they did the bare minimum they had to stop folk complaining! They only cut the grass 3 times a year, and hoovered the halls once every month and each FLAT paid £15 a month for the privilege...................there were like 60 flats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->