Bulge in vagina - feels like theres something in there

SugarFairy

Reaction score
Firstly let me apologise for the lack of paragraphs - I'm on my phone and it won't let me start new ones! I'm 11 weeks PP. I've been feeling a bit strange down there since I had him but figured I needed time to heal. I had an emergency episiotomy and forceps delivery cos he was back to back and stuck. But this strange feeling of having something just inside my vagina hasn't gone away. I only really feel it whn I'm stood up or walking around. And its not all the time. This morning I figured I'd have a feel while I could actually feel it right there and was stood up. The back wall feels like its bulging forward just inside the entrance. I have checked up there before and haven't felt that before but I'm worried. I don't think this is normal! I've not had any trouble pooping. I'm still doing my pelvic floor exercises too. Anyone had this? Or know what it is? My internal stitches all felt fine and came away after a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance ladies x

Google suggests I could have a rectocele - a prolapse of the wall between the vagina and rectum. So I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow. I'll update this post in case anyone comes across it trying to find answers to their own problems : )

Please do, im starting to feel same way and i also had episi and forceps xx

Hope you get some answers today :hugs: x

Hey I felt this at first and my doc told me it was the back vagina wall having some severe swelling due to the birth I had (also had cut and forceps - LO was pretty much wrenched out quickly...) so it could be swelling? I will be 9 weeks PP this friday and the swelling is only JUST starting to go...

Thanks for sharing tiggerpony. I saw my doc this morning and she said it is not unusual and to leave it another few months and see if it sorts itself out. Perhaps it is just swelling. She got me to cough and said she could feel the bulge so I'm not just imagining it, it really is there. Spoke to my Mum about it too. She's had 7kids and developed a bulge after number 2 but never had it fixed though has seen a doctor about it. It doesn't bother her. So I'm just gonna wait a while and see if it improves by itself with pelvic floor exercises

I hope it's not a prolaspe. I can't believe what child birth can do to our bodys...nobody ever told me all the nasty things that can happen to you. I wish they did because I would of been prepared for what could go wrong. I knew you could tear but I never, ever thought you could tear into your bum! Or that all these things like prolaspse could happen. I thought I had it bad, but a friend who recently gave birth tore into her clit (ouch, I did to but luckly still have feeling there...) and she now has NO feeling what so ever there - she can't even feel there when she touches it. I love my LO loads but I really miss my old body...which wasn't damaged and mutated and looked and felt normal! Sorry going off on one there...

Hey ladies. I had very serious concerns abotu prolapse. (Cystocele) It's 5 and a half months now and I've just realised I've forgotten to notice my bits for a while now. I was waiting for three months and when that came and I still felt odd I was worried that was it but I really think things are pretty much back to normal (well, new normal). Give it time and try not to panic. I read frequently that a prolapse shouldn't be diagnosed until a year after birth because of the time it takes to heal and for things to return back to their rightful places. Try not to panic and see how you feel in a few months. :hugs:

Tiggerpony I know exactly what you mean. I wouldn't be without Zac now for anything but I kinds wish I'd known in advanceso I could have prepared myself! And PeanutBean thank you! I will bear that one year in mind and keep thinking positively : )

I'm in exactly the same position after forceps and episotomy and I was really starting to panic! Thanks for this thread it has relaxed me a bit!

Exactly the same here. Episotomy and foreceps and I still feel strange 17 weeks pp :(

I had a episiotomy and ventouse delivery in a bit of a hurry as she was back to back. Im 6 weeks PP now and i had a feel last night and can feel a bit of a bulge too??

Got docs on thurs to get the pill so will ask then about it.

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully your doc will say the same as mine x

I know this thread is 3 years old but jus wanted to say thanks for all the info on here ladies coz I too had an episiotomy and forceps and have the same bulge that feels like something is inside and was worried about prolapse but this thread has really helped ease my mind. I've got loads of time for it to heal and settle down, I just wasn't aware that it was common to feel like this for several months after birth. Thanks :thumbup: stopping worrying now lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->