Bum genius

bumphope

Reaction score
... I love these nappies! Fantastic!

But.

My little girl has quite red skin on the insides of her legs and bottom of her tummy, not a rash as such, just red skin. It's weird. Any ideas? The health visitors got a bit excited about it at the weighing clinic this morning, although they couldn't tell me what it was or what to do about it.

She does have a rub mark on the inside of her thigh just where it brushes against the elastic of the nappy, which does look quite sore.

I've been coconut oiling at alternate nappy changes and making sure she doesn't go more than a couple of hours between changes, although we don't change her overnight. We would if she'd done a poo, but she never has overnight....

Really appreciate any help!

X

Can you adjust the size of the diaper? It may be they are too tight or too loose, allowing them to rub. I would try to keep it as dry as possible and try some naked time to help it heal.

Hope it clears up soon!

I think if anything they're a bit tight around the legs, but not really. I don't know how you're meant to gauge it, but I can easily run my finger under the elastic without stretching it (hope that makes sense!)

How would I make the leg holes bigger? I've tried increasing the rise and also doing the front up less tightly but neither seem to make much/any difference?

Thank you.

X

Hmm, my diapers have an elastic to adjust the legs so I'm not too sure. Hope someone else has better advice for you :)

So weird. Totally gone this morning, no red, no rubs, nothing! And it hasn't come back all day!

No idea what that was all about?!!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"