Bumgenioous nappies

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
Hello! I am popping in from 2nd tri. I LOVE the bumgenious nappies and really want to get some however am on a tigt budget. I was in Mothercare yesterday and they sell them in there. they are £72 for 5 of the ones that are onesize. So my question is ... Is it cheaper to buy a few packs from Mothercare or to buy a large amount online? I notice online you can get complete sets of like 20 or so nappies. I am thinking for a newborn I'm gonna need at least 20?? Please help me guys! Oh, and is the pocket nappy better? Thankyou!

I'd recommend trying a couple before buying loads in case you don't get on with them. Different people get on with different things. I prefer pockets and fitteds are good for me too.

The first ones i bought were ittis and i don't really get on with them as much, although i do still use them, so glad i didn't buy loads!

Good luck with your venture into cloth and the rest of your pregnancy :flower:

I really rate BG nappies, they're fab :thumbup: But as DJ says, its worth getting a few different brands first to try them out and see what suits your baby best.
Evie seems to be a good shape for BG and they fit her great and have never let us down yet :thumbup: They're just a little on the boring side...I'm anxiously waiting for the printed ones to be released!! :lol:

I agree - try a few! I've got a strange (and cheap) selection of prefolds, wraps, ebay cheap BTP, fitted Bumgenuis, Wonderoo, huggles for night time and 3 homemade ones. I don't really have a preference except for some reason I don't reach for the bumgenius. It works fine - never had a problem with it but I tend to prefer everything else first lol

I just ordered some BG V3's from this website:
https://www.thenaturalbabyresource.co.uk/site/index.html
They are only £11.50 at the moment:happydance:

Thanks. What's the difference between v3 and v4?

There are a few differences between the V3s and V4s - V4s have user replaceable elastic and ou can get them in snap fastening as well as aplix (velcro). I think there are a few more differences but nothing major.

I have a new in pack BG V3 in white if you want it, I'm selling it for £9 posted. It comes with both inserts.

the main difference in v3 and v4 is that the v4 is a pocket

The V4 is slightly bigger in the rise, sized the same as the Flip wrap, so should last longer/fit bigger kids.

V3 is a pocket aswell :thumbup:

Id definitely get online...but maybe wait until one of the recommended sites (as used by the ladies in here -in the stickys) comes up with free postage- you'l get cheaper online AND saving postage will make sure you get the best deal!

But i agree...dont go crazy on them, onesize can be pretty big on a newborn! Have a look to see if you can get any bargains on clothnappytree...people selling brand new (or used once/twice) V3's for a great price.

tbh- I wouldnt go for the V4's. You will get the V3's cheaper now because they've brought out the V4's and theres bargains to be had. The bigger rise and replacable leg elastic doesnt warrant the extra cash for me personally!

V3 is a pocket aswell :thumbup:

Id definitely get online...but maybe wait until one of the recommended sites (as used by the ladies in here -in the stickys) comes up with free postage- you'l get cheaper online AND saving postage will make sure you get the best deal!

But i agree...dont go crazy on them, onesize can be pretty big on a newborn! Have a look to see if you can get any bargains on clothnappytree...people selling brand new (or used once/twice) V3's for a great price.

tbh- I wouldnt go for the V4's. You will get the V3's cheaper now because they've brought out the V4's and theres bargains to be had. The bigger rise and replacable leg elastic doesnt warrant the extra cash for me personally!

Agreed. The only reason I would go with a v4 is if or when they bring out printed ones!
I much prefer aplix fastenings anyways so I probably would only buy one or two v4s! I love my v3s too much :lol:

if I'd have had the choice, I'd have gone for the V4s myself, because I hate the aplix on the V3s, it gets so manky after a while. I really can't see mine lasting till Adam is out of nappies and then another baby as well, which is a little disappointing. Also, while aplix is very easy to use, easier than poppers, it's also extremely easy for a LO to open, which can get messy and annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->