BumGenius and Liners...

candyfloss

Reaction score
I've (finally!) got round to using my BG V3 nappies, and I'm so impressed! Have been using some flushable liners which have worked great, but when wet they really bunch up on him.

Is there room in the BG V3 for fleece liners? Not sure how thick they are but they do read much better than the paper ones. Any advice would be great :)

i use fleece liners on my bgs and they fit fine - plus save most of the nappy from poop (usually !) :thumbup:

tbh though there's not much difference between using a fleece liner and no liner at all at his age though. Fleece liners help absorb runny poos so ideal fro bf babies to help containment. I imagine your sons is a bit more solid now he's eating solids presumably? See, IMO, flushable liners make the difference because you can just scoop the corners and put in the toilet all gone, but i don't see the difference between using a fleece liner and no liner at an older age? I suppose it's easier too rinse off a fleece liner than a nappy though. Just my thoughts anyway :flower:

Thought they would help keep him drier and stop the nappy from staining?

WIll have a look for some fleece ones if they fit, thanks :)

I agree with thelilbump really. Once the poo is a bit more solid, whether you use a fleece liner or no liner you can probably just shake the poo down the loo. BG V3 are lined with fleece anyway aren't they? We don't find we need another layer of fleece on top of that, not for keeping the skin dry anyway. Of course they might be useful for preventing stains, but to be honest I don't find that poo really stains now we're past the liquid poo stage.

I don't bother using liners with my BG v3s, the lining is stay-dry anyway. As for stain-prevention - I don't find solid poo stains much, and when it was liquid I used to spray it with the shower head before washing. The liners I do use (with my other nappies) are fleece and don't add much bulk; poo (unless it has been sat on and squished in) just plops right off and into the loo. (Squished poo is gross beyond belief.)

Thanks for the advice ladies :) Will see how no liners works out for a few days maybe and then decide.

Any washing tips to keep them smelling really fresh? Pick your brains a bit more if I can!

I read on the Bum Genius website that it's ok to bleach the microfibre inserts, so that's my tip. They start to get a bit stinky after a while but the bleach fixes that, at least it's working well for me so far. :)

the best thing i found to get rid of smelly bg's is changing the wash cycle. we now do a normal rinse first with nothing in, that seems to wash anything out, then do a regualr wash with soapnuts. I haven't had a stinky bg in agesss since doing that method!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->