BumGenius Help!!

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
I've been using BG v3s (and a couple of v4s) for a couple of months now and I'm a bit confused.

How long do you use the smaller insert for?? For the last couple of days, he has started to leak through after about an hour or so.

I tried the larger insert and they just look so bulky on him. They don't look comfy :shrug:.

Any advice?

I'm using more and more disposables :(

xx

I had the same feeling when I switched from small inserts to big ones. But it doesn't last long to be honest. my lo quickly grew into them. Have you tried 2 small inserts? Or a small BG insert and a fleece booster or something like that?

I had the same feeling when I switched from small inserts to big ones. But it doesn't last long to be honest. my lo quickly grew into them. Have you tried 2 small inserts? Or a small BG insert and a fleece booster or something like that?

Thanks for the advice hun. I must admit I have been using sposies for the last couple of weeks - :(

I put him back in his BGs today with the big insert - they do look better today but I still worry that he is not comfy and that they are too restrictive on him.

I'm sure this is not the case.

I really love the idea of cloth and not finding the washing etc to difficult. I just find the fit of them a little restrictive.

My little man is 12 weeks on Thurs and he is already completely filling a lot of his 3-6 month clothes :shrug:

I really don't want to give up on cloth :cry:

I don't think there's any evidence at all that cloth nappies harm a child's development and I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can vouch for their babies being perfectly happy and comfy in them :)

With the bulk between his legs, have you ever seen him keep his legs together when he's in a sposie or with no nappy at all? I bet he doesn't! With all the babies I've seen, they love having their legs spread wide and often bent at the knees. Once he's sitting you'll probably notice it more.

Also, it's only the last 50 years that people have used disposables, before that it was all terry nappies and plastic pants. To make a terry last for a few hours it'd have to be pretty bulky, and all of those people are just fine. Don't worry about it too much! I think if the bulk of cloth was an issue, we'd see delays in babies' development, which we don't. Cloth babies roll, crawl and walk when they're ready, just like sposie babies.

I don't think there's any evidence at all that cloth nappies harm a child's development and I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can vouch for their babies being perfectly happy and comfy in them :)

With the bulk between his legs, have you ever seen him keep his legs together when he's in a sposie or with no nappy at all? I bet he doesn't! With all the babies I've seen, they love having their legs spread wide and often bent at the knees. Once he's sitting you'll probably notice it more.

Also, it's only the last 50 years that people have used disposables, before that it was all terry nappies and plastic pants. To make a terry last for a few hours it'd have to be pretty bulky, and all of those people are just fine. Don't worry about it too much! I think if the bulk of cloth was an issue, we'd see delays in babies' development, which we don't. Cloth babies roll, crawl and walk when they're ready, just like sposie babies.

Thanks hun - that makes me feel much better. I actually heard when I was doing research that reusables can help with some hip complaints.

I'm just going to have put him in 6-9 month vests early. He is quite long. xx

This is what I was going to say! K is 5 weeks old and was a teeny 6lb 5oz at birth, but he's been in his V3/4s for the last two weeks. At first I was as worried as you- they ARE bulky between the legs- but to be honest I don't think they're that bad (his clothes still fit over them!) and I noticed he sits with his legs spread in disposies and ittis, too, so I went for it :). He outweed the newborn insert every time in under a hour so i'm using the bigger one now and it's all good.

Oh and in vests I go up a size too- but the rest of his clothes I don't- but you can buy vest extenders cheaply from ebay or fillyourpants if you don't want to do that.

My LO has been in flips since a few weeks old, and he does
look bulky compared to his sposies friends, but i quite like the look!! I also have had to put him up a size in vests, but they look ok on him! A bonus is that he sits much better in any carrier with a cloth bum, and it pads him out a bit! And in the sling he seems to look in a better position when sitting budda like, with sposies I feel like he is going to slip out! Another bonus..... Padding on his bum for when they start to cruise...
Tesco sell some baby boutique vests, and I've found them to be a trimmer but longer fit, x

I second the suggestion of vest extenders. They work really well and they're cheap :)

Thanks girls - Ethan is really long (well in the body, he has short little legs - lol) and even in sposies his 3-6 month vests are getting a bit snug! With a BG, depending on which vest it flashes his nipples - lol!!

Thanks for the tip on the extenders that may make his vests last a little longer.

xx

p.s. He has been in BGs for most of the day and I'm getting used to the look too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->