Bummed about baby shower

MEPride

Reaction score
For multiple reasons....

We invited a large number of people, 67 actually. It's a co-ed party so mostly couples. The date is July 29th. Hardly anyone can come. We have only 4 people coming so far. All the people who I thought would come aren't coming.

The party is in the summer, which I know is why no one can come. Everyone is busy. But I can't change the date as we are trying to do it before my mother has surgery in August. She has been ill which is why I've been doing a lot of the planning for the party. No one else can.

It's still early on and a lot of people have yet to respond but I don't expect many more people to come. I feel so bummed, like what is the point of going through the trouble of planning a shower if no one will be there. I feel like I should just cancel it.

Aww it's a shame when that happens but I'd still go through with it. Not a baby shower but we have had the same with my son's 4th birthday party. Usually around 40 children attending plus their adults, this year only around 10-15 can make it but we are still holding it as it's still an important event and he will still have a good time. Although some can't come, I'm sure you'll still have a good day regardless of that. X

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If you feel up to it, still go through with it Mama. I'm sure you will still have a good time 💜.

Thanks ladies. We will go through with it regardless, it will just be a close, intimate group of some family members and a couple friends. Thankfully a lot of the 'big' purchase items DH and I already did and mom bought us our travel system which will help immensely. Just a bunch of 'little things' to purchase.

Just a real bummer that hardly any friends or co-workers will be able to come. Oh well.... I guess I can always think on the positive side and say it's less to buy in food and renting tables and such.

Is everyone busy that day for sure?? Maybe things will change before the baby shower.

I'm so sorry. I agree, many of my guests didn't rsvp until 24 hours beforehand but I had some people who couldn't attend that I really wanted there. It's maybe not too late to put out a quick availability survey. I forgot what sites do it. I want to say Doodle? That way you give people a list of dates and they just click which ones they are available for. Then you choose the one that has the most or choose if based on who you really want there. A google form would work just as well if you create one and just share the link. :hugs:

Is the party also child friendly? I have heard lots of people throwing "Adults only" co-ed showers, most people with kids don't want to arrange childcare. Also most people said their spouse had no interest in co-ed showers, just a thought.

Yes the party is child friendly.

I sent out about 30 formal invites and 16 rsvp'd as 'no' already. Most of the others are out of state family members I didn't expect to come regardless but wanted to invite to they'd feel included.

Time frame for the party is fixed to just the last two weekends of July. Can't do before because of holidays, family vacations. Can't do after because of my mother's surgery and I will be needing to help take care of her after.

So unfortunately... I am stuck stuck stuck with July 29th. I chose that weekend vs the one before because my two closest friends CAN come that weekend vs the weekend before.

*sigh*

I had the same problem with DS1. Didn't bother having one for DS2 and 3 as a result. If this baby is a girl I want to throw one but I know there is no point because it will only be like every other time I put in the time and effort. Hopefully you get a half dozen people show up at least. Just try to have fun if you decide to go ahead. :)

I never had a shower with DS1, I'm in the UK and it's not as common to have showers over here but now I'm pregnant again a co worker insisted she throw a shower for me, I wasn't keen but it was a sweet thing to want to do for me so I went along with it. It was all arranged and then on the morning of the shower, 1 by 1 I got texts from people who could no longer make it for one reason or another and I ended up with only 1 solitary person turning up! Incidentally it wasnt even the person who insisted I have the shower in the first place! I won't bother again!

Sorry :(. So hard to book things in summer. But at least your two close friends will be there, and sometimes that's all you need to have a good time. I hope when the weekend comes around the shower exceeds expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->