Bump buddy - Mid Oct - First LO

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
Hi! I'm newly pregnant :D and wishing I had someone to share my journey with.
My est DD is Oct 19th
This is my first pregnancy so I'm very nervous!
I'm going to be 22 in 2 weeks and I live in VA, but am *hopefully* going to be moving back home to MI to have and raise my little pumpkin.

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS!
Lol, your EDD is my B-Day. Im due 1st October, also with my first.
Im 23 and would love to be your buddy if you want.
I'd love to share my nervousness with someone also.

Congrats to you too! Hooray!
Oh let's share our nervousness :D

That's kinna neat that my EDD is your b-day - wouldn't it be funny if I ended up delivering on that day too?

Have you gone to your first dr's appt? My isn't til March 1st. It feel like it's going to take forever.

March 1st? It does seem like a long time. You poor thing, you're probably wondering how your lil one is doing. We're almost halfway through Feb, so its kinda like that dreaded 2WW.... hopefully it goes by real quick.

Well I saw my doc to confirm my pregnancy the same day I tested and went back five days after confirmation for more blood tests. Im due back to see her on Monday to discuss the blood results and to make a hospital booking. You can check out my journal for the details if you like.

It still hasnt sunk in, I think it will once I see my lentil on the u/s screen.

Hope you're doing well.

Yeah, it does seem like a long time, but they told me they generally see women at 7-10 weeks - I'm just glad I'm not going to have to wait til 10 weeks! I guess I'll just have to keep myself busy.

Oh, that's exciting! I hope all goes well Monday!

It's sinking in a little bit because now that there is no denying my symptoms. But I still went out and bought more tests hahaha! I think I'll just take one once a week until the appt, just to be really sure :shy:

congrats to you too jonesy! is this your first as well?

It's so exciting when your ticker changes - lil baby is now the size of an appleseed (how cool it that?)

How's everyone doing so far?

Hi! I'm newly pregnant :D and wishing I had someone to share my journey with.
My est DD is Oct 19th
This is my first pregnancy so I'm very nervous!
I'm going to be 22 in 2 weeks and I live in VA, but am *hopefully* going to be moving back home to MI to have and raise my little pumpkin.[/QUOTE

Hi.. im due :baby: on the 19th too!

Awe, congrats!
How funny would it if our babies both arrived on the 19th?

I'm now due closer to your due date...this is because of the Edd scan!! How exciting! Have you started up a journal?

Not on here, but I've got a journal at home. I've thought about doing one tho.

So how's it going then? I went in for my first appointment, but they were all at hospital delivering so I have to go back next week. Did get an u/s tho - pretty darn neat!

It'll be cool if you start one here.

So far everything is going good. I'm 8 weeks today YAY!!! I had an ultrasound done at 5wks 5days and I saw my lentil with heartbeat and all. It was an awesome moment. The pictures I got weren't good as they were printed off on that xray type paper. So I complained to my gp and she's ordered another ultrasound at a different place for when I'm 10 weeks. I booked in for the 21st of march which is when I'm 10wks exactly. I can't wait.

How are things for you? Had an ultrasound yet? I do hope your next appointment goes much better.

Yay, you've moved on to raspberry :haha: That is very exciting! I didn't even know you could see a heartbeat that early - that is really neat! I hope the 21st gets here quickly for you.

Got my ultrasound at 6w6d and was able to get 4 good pictures. Seeing the lil heart going was so amazing! I almost started laughing and crying at the same time. :happydance: Looks like a weird tadpole alien thing with the yolk sack where it is, doesn't it? My little alien hahaha!
https://i51.tinypic.com/2rgyyzc.jpg

I'm nervous for the next appt tho - not a big fan of needles and exams at all. Just got to tell myself it'll be worth it :baby:

Everything that needs to be done in order to ensure our little ones are doing well is so worth it!
You have a cute little alien!!! The feeling you get when you see little bubby on the screen is amazing and unforgettable!
I hope you're next appointment goes well. Make sure to give us an update

My appt went pretty good (even with the 30 min wait for the midwife - ugh). I lucked out and didn't have to get a pap smear! I was very happy about that :happydance: She is going to get me a prescription to help with my constant nausea which she said might make me tired (I'm already tired enough as it is!) but we'll see how it works.
I did have to get blood drawn and that was just awful. I have a terrible phobia of needles and as soon as I walked in the room I burst into tears. I think I freaked out the nurse cuz she kept asking if I was ok. Hopefully I'll get better at it.

Im so glad your appointment went well!
Believe it or not, but I too am dreading the possibility of a pap smear, I dont want one until bubby is here. So hopefully Im as lucky as you are!
Isnt the tiredness unbelievable?! My tired level has dropped a tiny bit, so hopefully I get my energy back soon enough! I do hope this antinausea medication works for you and doesnt make you even more tired, Im sure your just getting through the day with the small amount of energy you have left!
You probably did scare the nurse, lol, but thats ok they're trained to deal with a variety of patients but some may take them by suprise. Can you imagine what labor will be like? I've scared the heck out of myself just watching those youtube vids. OMG!!! they never used to bother me before, but since now Im the one thats going to be squeezing something out of my hoohaa in a couple of months, Im completely freaked out! I'd be wishing for a needle instead! LOL!!

I hope you luck out too! Pap smears are seriously the worst. Maybe they won't be so bad after baby.

I know! I have never been this tired. I sleep until I go to work in the afternoon, then come home and it's time for bed :sleep: My midwife said I need to get up and exercise but I don't know if I'll be able to until I get some energy back (hopefully by 2nd tri, right?). We have a long driveway and I try to walk and get the mail most days but I don't think that's enough. Guess I should look around for gyms. Bother.

Oh gosh...labor. Yeah, I try not to think about that yet lol! It looks awful. I'm going to try and do natural birth (partly because epidurals require really big needles) but some days I don't know. My hubby is a very big guy - 6ft 7in, big bones massive - and I'm a 5ft 3in tiny thing. I'm pretty sure this lil one will be huge and rip me to shreds. His brother had a 10lb baby - can you imagine that coming out? I'm a bit worried.

So I started a journal! Pumpkin Bun in the Oven I'm going to try and keep it updated :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->