Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

penguin77

Pround mummy of 2 :-)
Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

This is a continuation of our pregnancy thread.....

Here we all are :winkwink:

Due dates
30th Aug'10 - DeDe80 - Deangela :blue:

Arrivals :happydance::happydance:
Jetters - Yasmin :blue: 'K' arrived 19th July (EDD 04/08)
P&F - Lia :blue: Dylan Paul arrived 31st July (EDD 06/08)
Moggymay :blue: Jack arrived 9th August (EDD 01/08)
MamaBird - Brigitte :pink: Peyton arrived 22nd August (EDD 02/09)
Piperette :blue: 'S' arrived 24th August (EDD 04/09)
Costgang :pink: Sophie arrived 24th August (EDD 04/09)
Penguin77 - Claire :pink: Ana Lois arrived 26th August (EDD 31/08)
Fish&Chips -:blue: Ann 'HW' arrived 9th Sept (EDD 02/09)
MrsMils -Lydia :pink: Arrived 15th Sept (EDD 31/08)

Here's a link to the old thread... https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-buddies/243736-2010-bumps-flushes-dimples-435.html#post7138349

Lets continue where we left off :thumbup:

xx

Oh ladies, I wanted to share something with you. I have discovered a new Krispy Kreme doughnut, which in my opinion is sooo yummy. :cake: It is Coffee Kreme. Probably only nice for coffee lovers. https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/doughnuts/our-varieties/coffee-kreme/

For those who don't like coffee, there is a Butterscotch Fudge (possibly AD like), which I haven't tried yet as I just like the coffee one too much. https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/doughnuts/our-varieties/butterscotch-fudge/

Sorry, probably a bit pointless post, but just wanted to share with you ladies :blush: as I know you appreciate a yummy bit of sweetness.

If anyone tries the Butterscotch one, please let me know what it is like.

Thanks for opening a new thread for us, Claire.

hI LADIES:flower:

Pip - mmmm for the donuts...pity im on a diet....dont seem to be losing much weight though :blush:

Ann - I know what you mean about the digestive stuff.....nights aren't so bad for us....but on and off all day most days. Ive tried different formula, bottles and stuff and i think we'll just have to live with it :shrug: Generally things should be so much better my 12 weeks old...it was for Jac. :hugs:

As for rountine....ive always done one without trying with Jac and it worked so done the same this time. Last routine of the day basically goes...... wash, change of clothes, bottle and cot.
I only bath every third night..other nights its a quick top n tail. So there's still a routine even though it's not a bath every night. Ours used to be around 10pm but ive taken her cues and dropped a bottle so we have this around 9 pm now.

Ana also self settles...more so at bed time. Druring the day it can be hit and miss because of the gripes though but i only hold her to comfort her.

Have to go have a baby ready for wash and bottle...more tomorrow :thumbup:

xx

I'm hoping to go to the sling meet with S tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed for us that they have some to try for us and that the people are nice.

:hi:

We bath around 6.30 ten Jack has final feed around 6.50 he is in bed by 7.15 and generally asleep by 7.30 these days, he will wake twice before morning around 2am and 5am. He loves his bath and although he is only in it for 2minutes or so it helps him know its bedtime. He has just about outgrown his baby bath though so soon will be in the bath with Mogster :dohh:

Pip the nearest stockist of those donuts is miles from me - about 45 miles so I will have to stick to AD!

Claire thanks for moving us :hugs: So good to know we get to carry on our journey together :happydance:

Off to bed now as big day tomorrow - Mogster starts nursery class, school run starts tomorrow, my baby grew up :cry: :cloud9: Even my little baby is 8 weeks tomorrow!

:hi: to Ann, Lia, Lydia, Sarah, Yas, Brig and Dede

Pip the nearest stockist of those donuts is miles from me - about 45 miles so I will have to stick to AD!

You don't even have an instore cabinet at a local Tesco? :shock: https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/store-locator/

Off to bed now as big day tomorrow - Mogster starts nursery class, school run starts tomorrow, my baby grew up :cry: :cloud9: Even my little baby is 8 weeks tomorrow!

Good luck for tomorrow. :flower: I'm sure you will all be fine.

Hi Ladies!

Claire thanks for moving us!!!

Just a quick one from me as I am typing with one hand.

Pip: I think it's safe to drop the one night feed. We're still trying to fatten up Peyton so the MW wants me to feed her every 3 hours during the day, but after her last feed at night she said to just let her sleep and feed her when she wakes. We have been doing this from week 2. At first she still woke up every 2-3 hours even at night. But now after her bath, massage, PJ feed, around 11-11:30 she sleeps till at least 5am each night. Then I bring her in bed with me and nurse layind down and we fall asleep together.

I swore I would never co-sleep, but just like Ann I was having trouble settling P in the middle of the night so we started this. (Claire, I wish P would self settle) I hope it's not too hard to break this habit. and I'm still scared of SIDS or smothering P in my sleep...but as my MW put it...if you don't drink, don't do drugs and have safely slept with pets before...it's pretty safe to say the baby is safe as well.

Moggy: Good luck tomorrow!!!

Ann: Happy to hear from you! :)

Hi everyone else!!

xo

Hi everyone! Thanks for the new thread Claire!:flower:

Thanks for all the info on bedtime routines guys, I think we'll just have to keep persevering and let J fall into her own routine. I think I'll start to bath her a little more frequently etc.

Its the daytimes that are the problem now, she's just crying all the time and I can't work out why. She acts hungry, so I feed her (even though its only been an hour since the last feed), but then she doesn't eat much. I can't put her down at all, so can't do anything around the house etc, which is infuriating. Even going to the loo is an ordeal today! :dohh: Then she's overtired by the evening and can't get to sleep. Really hoping "its just a phase"...

She loved being jiggled, so I think we're going to buy a seat that vibrates (she doesn't like her rocker) and see if she'll be happier sat in that for short periods of time.

On a happier note, we went for a walk yesterday in her sling, which she absolutely loved. I don't think I had it adjusted quite right because my back hurt by the end of the walk, but as long as J is happy I am!!

Moggy - I hope Mogster had a good first day at nursery! :thumbup: Hope you're doing ok with it :hugs:

Pip - hope the slingmeet goes well :thumbup: I may have to have a look for the butterscotch ones mmm :haha:

Moggy - how was the big day?

Lydia - does your LO fall asleep on the boob usually? The reason I ask is during the day when Dylan is knackered and really needs a nap, he will often root for the boob, and is only on it long enough so blatantly just wanted to suck to sleep? Trying to stop that now as spotted what was happening, and its going well during the day. I just put him in his rocker/seat thing while I popped to the loo, knowing he was tired and due a nap, and he was asleep when I came back down :thumbup:

As for bathing, blooming heck, Dyl doesn't need it much but the few nights we've tried to top and tail instead of bath because it's late or something he has just refused to settle. DH ends up going and sitting him in his bath at silly o clock and he then goes to sleep no trouble. So we are a bit committed to a splash in his tub lol :wacko:

Claire thanks for moving us hun - and putting the link to the old thread, fab idea :thumbup:

Yas how is college?

Brig I must admit I do love cosleeping sometimes his little smile is beautiful. Still wish he would go longer at night though :haha: hoping the moses basket will help tbh, it could be me disturbing him I guess.

Went for a walk yesterday with DH and Dylan and I wore the sling this time, and it was fab :thumbup: the inlaws came for tea and Dylan napped just at the right time for us to eat in peace :happydance: then we went to Baby Crawlers group this morning and met some more lovely mummies and learnt some new songs to sing and play. Feeling much happier this week, think the HV will be surprised on Weds I think I am more positive after having some more sleep thanks to hubby lol. Must try and get a vid clip of Dylan - I have taught him a new trick lol he makes the 'wah wah' sound you know like when you pretend to be an indian? He opens his mouth and when I pat it with my hand he makes the noise and laughs, so cute :cloud9:

Hope you're all good ladies :flower: off for blood test this affy and need to go and find the number to book my ultrasound too before the monster wakes up :haha:

Initiation complete, tomorrow he goes on his own for 90 mins then Wednesday onwards the whole morning :wacko:

He loved it and I was with him so fine, tomorrow may be a different story....

FYI Jack is currently snoozing in his rocker chair on vibrate!

Initiation complete, tomorrow he goes on his own for 90 mins then Wednesday onwards the whole morning :wacko:

He loved it and I was with him so fine, tomorrow may be a different story....

FYI Jack is currently snoozing in his rocker chair on vibrate!

Snap - hi five :haha:

:rofl: awake now, fed, changed and dodging wooden blocks :dohh: Mogster is definitely in the building! :cloud9:

Lydia- days are our roblems too... Our crying is down to gripes and bottom wind though... Tried everything... So will have to wait it out :-(

Moggy- glad 1st day went well... I hope tomorrow is just as stress free:hugs:

Lia- glad to hear your happy... Sounds like youve settled nicely:thumbup: and lol at the bath addict ..

Had thd best night yet last night... Last feed at 9pm then cot... Grumbled at 1.30and then went till 4.45was a bit unsettled... But didnt want a bottle till 6.30!!! Means were slowly getting there during the night... Pity tge crying on and off duringthe day... Swings and roundabouts hey:shrug:

Off to feed the lady.. Back later :)

Xxx

Sounds like Ana is doing well hun!

Took Dylan to be weighed this morning (which unfortunately coincided with his nap but I had to know as I have been flapping lol) and he is 11lb 11oz. So he has put on 1lb 9oz in three weeks is that ok?

He started on 50th centile, then dropped closer to 25th, and is now on 25th? He is 9 weeks 3 days today......HV didn't really indicate if this was okay or not as she is coming to see me tomorrow anyway so I felt a bit rushed out but don't know if that's okay? He has been poorly with his cold and struggling to feed properly cos his nose is so bunged so I was worried he wasn't getting enough.

Oops he's awake back later lol

On second thoughts I think he was basically on 25th centile last weigh in and they have just misplotted looking at the numbers.....he has actually put on more this 3 weeks (6-9) than the prev 3 weeks (3-6) and if they weren't worried about his gain then they shouldn't be now if it's more?

She just unnerves me :wacko: she is coming tomorrow and I know she will find a way to make me cry when I have been feeling fab all week :haha:

Sorry for my ramblings :blush:

imagine she is sitting there in her Bridgets!

Sounds good gains Lia, dont forget as D is BF the charts will put him lower down but aso long as he follows his own curve he is fine, if he is following 25th then thats his thing and is good. Finally met friends of mine this morning who had her baby 2 days before me - she was 9lb 8oz at birth and today was 15lb 11oz :shock: she is huge! And shorter than Jack who is a good 2 lb lighter!!! HV says she is feeding her too much - can you do that to a baby?

imagine she is sitting there in her Bridgets!

Sounds good gains Lia, dont forget as D is BF the charts will put him lower down but aso long as he follows his own curve he is fine, if he is following 25th then thats his thing and is good. Finally met friends of mine this morning who had her baby 2 days before me - she was 9lb 8oz at birth and today was 15lb 11oz :shock: she is huge! And shorter than Jack who is a good 2 lb lighter!!! HV says she is feeding her too much - can you do that to a baby?

I didn't think you could overfeed if BF as they just seem to chuck up the excess? Don't know about FF though? Mega baby - did you hold her? :haha: I held one of my friends babies the other day - don't know what she weighs but she is a tank teehee! Bit cute chubby knees, love em!

Ta hun - I think that first plotted point where he was on 50th centile was just a lot of poo (literally :haha: I think he had a mega poo after he'd been on the scales :rofl:) so maybe 25th is meant to be his line :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->