Bump on the head

caz_hills

Reaction score
My son fell in the playground at school two weeks ago. My husband had taken him to school and he bumped into someone I think and fell on the hard playground floor. He does run fast around the playground with little care for where he is going - I think he bumped into someone but it wasn't a anyones fault.

He was fine and on the day one of the school staff called Us to let us know he was fine as it happened first thing before school and he had a cold compress on it and my husband was with him then. He said he was fine.

But two weeks later he still has a lump on the back of his head. It's literally right on the back of his head. If you touch it he says it hurts but never mention it as a problem. He is fine in himself, no headaches, behaves the same etc but I'm naturally worried about why it's not gone down.

I'm trying not to google and panic myself. I have horrible worries about why there is a lump there still 😭

I plan to get a dr appointment to get it checked but does anyone have any advice?

Thanks x

It's most likely just taking a while to go. But definately get it checked, I would go to the Doctors tomorrow morning just to be sure.

I think I would get it checked as well. Probably nothing but it's been two weeks so you'd think there would be some change :hugs:

We are dealing with the same thing right now. Jaxon got hit in the head pretty hard by a fork lift when he went to the farm with Dh for the day. We watched him all day, he was fine other than the huge lump. It's been over a week now, and the bump is still there and feels hard. I googled it last night, trying to decide if I should take him in since its still not going away, and it looks like its likely a scar tissue thing that can be common with head injuries. They can feel like very hard lumps, that can take months to go away completely. It said if the lump doesn't go away completely, it may need to be surgically shaved down if it bothers the person cosmetically. So just keep an eye on it, and take him in to get it looked at if it doesn't start improving over time.

Thanks -my husband had a doctors appointment for him and asked about it. The doctor asked whether he had any worrying symptoms like headaches, vision etc and he doesn't. He Ian completely normal and fine. So we are leaving it a few days but I've booked an appointment for him on Monday in case it's not better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->