Bumps got smaller??

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
This week my little madam has been playing up quite a bit. I've had quiter movements from her all week (posted on Tuesday about reduced movement) then yesterday evening I had quite intense BH/cramps for a while, but I'd done quite a bit of walking so put it down to that, a bath just made it worse. I've got up this morning, and even my oh commented on his much smaller my bump is today. I mean, I can see my toes when standing!! Haven't seen my toes when standing in a few weeks! Is a smaller bump a reason to get checked? I'm at the midwife Tuesday, and got my next growth scan Thursday, but obviously if its a concern I'll go get checked. Just don't know what's normal. Joshua was tiny, and I had severely low fluid and no bump at all, so never noticed it changing size x

It's probably dropped down into your pelvis a bit more - that usually makes your bump smaller. Do you feel 'fuller' in your pelvis?

No, not really. I thought it was quite early to drop? I can still feel her feet up in my ribs. Joshua never dropped, he was transverse breech at delivery, so even though its my second, it's all new!! x

Mine goes up and down all the time depending on how baby is laying. If your worried get checked you should trust your instincts but im pretty sure your baby has moved towards the back x

She may have turned, I found with my third he would sometimes lie bum out and I would get big but if he lay side on I was much flatter, I often found him making a big change in position would cause a spate of BH and cramps. In saying that don't let anyone tell you your instincts are wrong and if you're worried get it checked. I always have a good feel around, see that the head or bum is mobile and reactive, if I can push it around easily I feel good about fluid and if they react to me pushing I feel good about them being ok. In saying that it's not definitive just makes me feel better.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/ducksdontquack/3689050B-42FA-4696-9C53-4655486044E6-1052-0000014AEA8C4DAB.jpg

First pic is 2 weeks ago, 2nd one this morning x

Uhm that is unusual hun as doesn't look like you've dropped to me yet you do look smaller. I'd contact MW and discussed your worries and good luck xx

Just rung midwife, off to the hospital I go to get checked out. Lets hope I don't regret not buying anything for my hospital bag just yet!! Oh is away today doing a disciplinary in another city so got to go on my own :( x

Just rung midwife, off to the hospital I go to get checked out. Lets hope I don't regret not buying anything for my hospital bag just yet!! Oh is away today doing a disciplinary in another city so got to go on my own :( x

Good luck! I hope everything is fine and baby is just lying in a strange position :) :hugs:

Probably dropped lower a bit indeed, or your insides were a bit bloated.

That's a big change not a little one like I was imagining, I'm glad you are on your way in, thinking of you.

hope everything is ok, I bet baby has just settled in to a more comfy position xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->