• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bums and tums after c section?

Georgia7

Reaction score
It's been 6 weeks now since my emergency c section. My stomach is still quite sore but only when I put pressure on it. I know I couldn't do exercise for 6 weeks but now that times over I'm desperate to loose this extra belly I have. Has anyone done a bums and tums course after a c section. Is it allowed? Or is this something I should talk to my doctor about? xxx

I would talk to your dr first, you dont want to hurt yourself. I had a c-section too right about the same time as you but I haven't asked my dr yet. My friend had a c-section and I think her dr said she shouldn't do stomach exercises for 8 weeks and maybe longer...

Definitely don't go doing any ab work for months yet! Seriously, leave it until 3 or even 6 months. You've just had major surgery. Major!! I had a caesarean and I didn't feel close to normal until then and at nearly a year the area is still sensitive and still weaker - it always will be. For goodness sake don't push it, trust me, it will hurt.

I was told no light stomach exercises for 3 months (apart from physio approved). No hardcore exercises for 6 months. You start too soon you can cause all sorts of problems. Definitely check with your dr. Have you had your 6 week check up yet??

My last csection I was working out hardcore at 5 weeks and never had an issue. This time I'm just waiting for my dr's ok on my checkup next week and I'm gonna start some good working out.... It's time lol. As far as an work though I would go very very easy.

I had a c section around the same time as you but I am waiting to see my Doc on Nov 9th...a very late "6 week appt". I wouldnt recommend exercise yet, could it be your uterus still?
My stomache still sticks out, could my uterus still not have shrunk down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->