Burning sensation swollen upper abdomen?

SoldierWife

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a little worried and waiting on my doctors office to open so I can call so I was hoping to get some advice from other mommies/mommies to be :)

I am 10 weeks with my third. (2 previous csections)

This past weekend I noticed a lot of burning when I had to pee and then I was peeing all the time but only tiny bits. So I assumed UTI. Went to my apt on Monday and told the doctor there, they tested my urine and said no UTI but sent it for additional tests at the lab. At that point the burning had stopped so I figured maybe it was a fluke thing.

Fast forward to today, woke up and we are back to burning and peeing every 5 seconds. I also noticed (which could be completely unrelated) that my upper abdomen is firm and seems a little swollen, like right above my belly button.

I did have a cyst on my ovary during my last ultrasound (6 weeks).

Any ideas? The doctor didn't seem at all worried when I told her Monday so I may be over worrying myself :shrug:

I know this isn't helpful to you at all right now, but I ordered some test stripes for UTI's off eBay and keep them in my drawer. That way, when I feel something coming on I can take a test and set my mind at ease. They were fairly cheap. Might help in the future!

But for now, I would call and mention the burning feeling. My cousin had a UTI that spread to her kidneys and it made her feel pretty icky. She had to take antibiotics and did pure cranberry juice (yuck) with it and it cleared up. It might not be the case for you, though!

ETA: Baby was fine during all this as well, and all was perfect in the end :)

Everything went away for the most part again. I have another appt coming up soon so I'll bring it up again then just to be sure. I had pre-eclampsia with a previous pregnancy so I know they're monitoring everything right now anyways lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->