• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burnt my arm

beth_terri

Reaction score
I had my second day back at work on Saturday, and I managed to give myself a really nasty burn!! It didn't hurt too much but turned into a huge blister by Sunday. Yesterday the blister burst and over night it's stuck to my sheets so I've pulled the top layer of skin off it. I actually can't tell you how much it's hurting :(

Would burn cream or something help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 17
Omg ouch :-( I got a small blister on my thumb from gardening and the skin came off, I know just how painful it is. I'm not sure how effective burn cream is because essentially the burns gone. I found putting a plaster on it during the day helped because it stopped it rubbing on things, then I let it air at night. It took a few days until new skin grew back though. Perhaps sudocream might help?

I use sudocreme for everything so maybe try that! hope its better soon xx

Vaseline is good for burns, not sure about when the blister has popped though.

Don't cover it completely, let it air for as much as you can, get some gauze and micropore tape, and loosely cover it. But only for a few hours. Also keep it clean as because the blister has burst it's open to infection

ouch! i always used to burn myself at work. i worked in a chippy so the fat used to splash up & spit at you etc.

once the blister had popped we had to cover in vaseline (sudocrem used to sting) and wrap loosely in a gauze & tape.

in future as soon as u burn yourself run it under the cold tap for 5 mins. cover in butter & wrap in cling film. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->