Bursting at the seams..

Rame

Mom to Alexa, preggy w #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I’ve been lurking since my first trimester (I’m now 19 weeks) and I think this forum is great! You ladies are an awesome support group! I’m a first timer on the pregnancy train so I really appreciate all the sharing and support I’ve been seeing on this forum. I thought I could keep on being a lurker, but after I got our 18-week scan, I just cannot contain myself! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

We are having a gurl and our very first child (and probably only one!) at that! I’m attaching the u/s pics – they’re so clear and she’s adorable! :cloud9: :cloud9: I’ve always wanted a daughter cause I have three brothers and no sister, so I’m ecstatic! I’m in mid-30’s so we were thinking of sticking to just one child.

I was feeling pretty depressed during my whole first trimester cause I was feeling sick and tired all the time, throwing up everyday, etc. Even though the pregnancy was planned, like Neecee, I felt like I had no control over my body, like ‘something’ was overtaking it, some sort of a ‘parasite’… I know, not the most romantic notion for a mother-to-be to have, but that’s how I felt and I didn’t want to pretend otherwise. It didn’t help at all that the early ultrasound pictures didn’t show much of a human form!

Anyway, it’s true what they say though that in time, the baby grows in you, literally and figuratively. When I saw the 18-week scan pictures, she seems more real to me now, and I’m actually feeling an attachment now. Not to say that there are no days when I feel like s#it and I still hate some of the not-so-good pregnancy symptoms, and I still have my ups and downs, but at least now they’re more bearable because our LO makes them worth it.

Sorry for rambling. I just wanted to introduce myself (and our little one) and wish everyone a happy pregnancy. I look forward to chatting with you wonderful ladies! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Attachments

• Baby_18 weeks_ED.JPG
    Baby_18 weeks_ED.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 33
So glad to hear you are enjoying pregnancy!! I find the farther along I get the more exciting it becomes!!
Your scan pics are fantastic!! I'm so glad you had a good experience as mine was pretty darn crappy!!
Have you thought of any names for your princess yet!?

:hi: Welcome and congrats on your pink bump!

welcome & congrats. These little abdominal parasites really grow on you, huh? :cloud9:

Hello!

Welcome aboard! I'm a thirty-something first time mum too. It's just all such a rollercoaster isn't it?

X

Thanks! Sorry yours didn't turn out well. Maybe you'll have another scan?

Abou the name, before I got pregnant we really loved the name Evie. But then as soon as I got pregnant, I really started to want to give her a second name of Ruby, from my mom. She passed away 5 years ago and she was my universe for the longest time. And soo....Evie Ruby doesn't sound very.. erm.. harmonious. So we're thinking of either Alexa Ruby or Alexis Ruby. First name could still change but I'm pretty adamant about using my mom's name as her second.

Thank you! Yup, they sure do grow on ya lol :happydance:

Your scan pics are great. Welcome to baby and bump, btw.

Your scan pics are great. Welcome to baby and bump, btw.

Thank you! I thought they turned out great, too. It was definitely more than what I was expecting. I have to laugh at the first pic though.. hubby calls it her lil alien pic :rofl: :rofl:

Abou the name, before I got pregnant we really loved the name Evie. But then as soon as I got pregnant, I really started to want to give her a second name of Ruby, from my mom. She passed away 5 years ago and she was my universe for the longest time. And soo....Evie Ruby doesn't sound very.. erm.. harmonious. So we're thinking of either Alexa Ruby or Alexis Ruby. First name could still change but I'm pretty adamant about using my mom's name as her second.

I love your name choices!! Very pretty!!!

Thanks!! I wanted a female name that sounded like someone who had a strong character. I love strong-willed women (though I'd probably regret it once she starts being stubborn with me LOL).

Had it been a boy, we would have named him Rowan Charles, with Charles named after hubby's dad who also passed away just last year.

Do you have a name for your LO yet?

congrats and welcome. I think that is very sweet to name her second name after your mom. My son has both of his great grandfathers first names as they both were amazing men. One was able to meet him the other we sadly lost when I was a child.

Thanks!! I wanted a female name that sounded like someone who had a strong character. I love strong-willed women (though I'd probably regret it once she starts being stubborn with me LOL).

Had it been a boy, we would have named him Rowan Charles, with Charles named after hubby's dad who also passed away just last year.

Do you have a name for your LO yet?

If it's a boy we like Ethan and if its a girl we have two. 1) Lee-Anne or 2) Khloe but I'm sure we will change our minds a million times over lol

Welcome, and congratulations on your pink bump! I'm so glad you've jumped in and started posting :hug:

Your u/s photos are so lovely... thank you for sharing them with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->