Buscopan Help

J

Jade--x

I wasn't sure where to post this and thought here has the most ladies that may know.

Does anyone know if Buscopan can be used for period pains?

I was given it today for severe period and back cramps and I've read the leaflet over and over and it mentions nothing at all about it - just IBS and bladder cramps..I'm wondering if she's given me the wrong ones or if they do actually help that

I was thinking about trying out buscopan before I got pg, I suffered from horrible cramps during af. The adverts said it helped with abdominal cramps so maybe they'd at least do something, nothing else I tried worked so I would have had nothing to lose. Never got round to it though.

I'd give them a go, you never know they may work!

hi i get it on prescription for stomach cramps and always use them that time of the month they work for me

I thought they were more for digestive problems. I got prescribed it for IBS. Never really thought to try it for period pains as they're not really digestive cramps.

Worth a go I suppose if you've tried everything else! :shrug:

xx

I thought they were more for digestive problems. I got prescribed it for IBS. Never really thought to try it for period pains as they're not really digestive cramps.

Worth a go I suppose if you've tried everything else! :shrug:

xx

That's what I thought I've only ever heard of them for IBS. I haven't taken any yet as I left them at my Mums :dohh: but if they work for other people I have my fingers crossed lol. My doctor said she swore by them then when they gave them me at the pharmacy (it didn't say buscopan on the presciption it was the medical name for it) I was like - Have they got this right :haha: x

I used to take them for IBS, they are anti spasmodic so they basically work to stop cramps from happening rather than mask the pain like a painkiller would. Should work fine for period cramps :)

Yeah i.think it can, I know my.friend takes it for her gall stones .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->