Buttonholes...

JessdueJan

Reaction score
Who wears them? Obviously groom, best man and ushers. My dad. But then after that who has them or is that it?

I'm so clueless :dohh:

All that you've said and both sets of parents want to wear them with me but I've told them they can get their own x

I'm currently having 'buttonhole' wars.

my parents are divorced and have been remarried 20 years each, so obviously my step parents have been a big part of my life for a long time.

I'm buying buttonholes for my groom, my dad, my DFs 2 best men and 3 ushers, my mum and mother in law, my step mum, step dad, FIL and nan.

DOH!

ETA I forgot to add my other nan! that makes 14 :shock:

I had groom, best man, 1 usher, my parents, his parents and my nan (no other grandparents attended) so 8 all together.

We are getting the for -
Groom
Best man
4 ushers
Page boy
Both Dads
Both Mums

We are gettin buttonholes for;

Groom
Best man
Usher
My dad
His dad
My step-dad

For the mums I was thinking of getting them brooches (I am having a tooth bouquet afterall ;) ) as a surprise keepsake of the day. But MIL has decided she'll "just do her own thing" and "leave the others to sort themselves" (she's organising the flowers for us). So, I think I'll still get brooches, and MIL can just do whatever she wants and go without :lol:

We aren't doing buttonholes, I don't like them for some reason :shrug: If my dad or FIL or BIL (best man) want one they can organise their own. OH isn't interested either. I have a feeling that MIL might kick up a fuss about this though... She insisted BIL was best man even though we aren't having a bridal party...

I'm quite lucky in that my MiL seems quite happy to just go with the flow at the moment, I feel for those who have MiLs that interfere.

Getting my mum and MiL a corsage on a bracelet eac, foam flowers so they can keep them x

Okay, I must be thick! I didn't realise that women wore buttonholes!! I'm buying OH's and best mans and anyone else that wants can buy their own! xx

Apparently traditionally women wear them on the opposite side and upside down?! So the florist told me x

Ohh right lol! I had no idea! That's the only thing I'm buying from the florist so I'm sure she would have told me hahaha xx

Apparently traditionally women wear them on the opposite side and upside down?! So the florist told me x

A lady would normally have a corsage rather than a buttonhole. It would be a slightly bigger "arrangement" than just a single flower plus green stuff. It is right that it should be worn on the opposite side to a man's buttonhole - it should be worn on the right (because women are always right ;) ). This is to do with the fact that women were "dressed", so it is a mirror image. Same idea that a women's style blouse, coat or trousers do up the opposite way to a man's. HTH :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->