Buying and taking my first pregnancy test tomorow

calm

Reaction score
A very strange thing to do when you are WTT, but tomorrow I am going to take a pregnancy test for the first time in my life.

As the WTTer I am, I have protected sex. Last month there was a kind of accident, but I didn't think it was big enough to even consider it as a problem TMI: some sperm spilt, but it happened outside, must be pretty hard to get pregnant that way. Plus, I had what at least seemed like a period.

However, two things have made me want to take a test. Firstly, different people have commented on the fact that my bust looks bigger. Second, today I had a very funny turn at work and had to be rushed to the hospital. I couldnt see properly, and I was told that I was going to faint. My mother in law who went with me told me that she had the same thing when pregnant.

So I voiced my concrens to DH, and he agreed that I should take a test. To be honest, he is so down to earth I expected him to laugh and say, wait till a period comes, you are not pregnant. But he actually seemed quite happy for me to take a test. He actually said: well, if you are pregnant you are and thats it, if something is on its way we will cope. That really surprised me, I expected him to say: you can't have a baby because of the anxiety and the way that limits your life and to get in a terrible mood.

So do I think I am pregnant? No, I don't think so, not really. I do like the chance to try a pregnancy test, and see what it feels like. I am going to have a massage, on the way I am going to buy the test. I will not go for a wee until I get to the spa, and I will take it then and there.

Its not a good moment to be pregnant, I am taking a medication at the moment that I would not take when TTC, so even though a part of me wants me to be pregnant, another part knows its not a good idea.

I am sort of glad of this experience even when I get the BFN tomorrow, because I felt closer to DH in this subject and to the whole experience of pregnancy .

:hugs: I hope your feeling better and you do get you BFN. What would you do if it was a BFP? I hope you can get through this no matter what.:hugs:

:hugs: I hope your feeling better and you do get you BFN. What would you do if it was a BFP? I hope you can get through this no matter what.:hugs:

Don't get me wrong, I want to be pregnant more than anything, but of course my illness plus some mild medication could harm a baby. But if I am pregnant, I would of course have to cope, and probably that would be the making of me. Thanks for the hugs. I feel a bit of a ninny taking the test, but will post when I know.

Hope all goes well tomorrow - let us know the outcome! Good luck xxx

Goodluck!!! I hope you get the BFN you're looking for.

Good luck calm. I'm in a similar situation. I hope u enjoyed ur massage. :) x
xxx

Sorry I haven't wrote before and thanks for those of you that read my thread and especially those that answered.

This morning after the horrible fainting experience yesterday I didn't feel well enough to go to the massage and therefore I didn't buy the test as I stayed at home and rested. I felt really stupid and thought i wouldn't buy the test and forget about it. But later on I went shopping with DH, and I decided I was going to buy the test. I was going to buy one in the supermarket, as I had noticed in the past that they sold their own brand, but they didn't have any. So I went to the chemist, and they basically had just one test, not known outside of Spain I think. I am going to take it tomorrow morning when I get up.

The best thing about all of this, is DH reaction. As I am still very limited due to my anxiety disorder, I thought DH would react badly. He was great, and I can really see how good he will be, it felt really good, even when he gave me a hug not long ago he said: ups better becareful not to hold you to tight just in case.

So I feel really positive, I just need to get myself well and we can both enjoy TTC , pregnancy and then our child.

At the back of my mind I am tiny bit worried about why I blacked out if the reason wasn't pregnancy, but the doctor didn't seem worried, it can be quite common, its just it was my first time and it worried me.

I suppose I will feel a bit sad when tomorrow its a BFN, but there you go. At least I will know just in case by some chance I am pregnant in which case I would have to stop the tablets immediately however mild they are. (I am going to stop taking them all together in the next month).

So if I am not pregnant... the big boobs must be because I am getting thinner (nearly lost 4 stone now) so my waist is smaller and maybe thats why my bust looks bigger. The fainting... could be my sugar levels, could be my low blood pressure.

So tomorrow I will post and at least I can tell my first experience of taking a pregnancy test.

Make sure you read the instructions before you take the test. It's pretty simple, but you need to only hold it in your pee for a certain amount of seconds or it will void the test (depends on the test how long)

Also, I suggest peeing in a cup instead of peeing right on the stick. Easier that way and if for some reason the test is invalid, you still have FMU to use on a new stick.

Good luck! I hope you get what you want!

Hey calm,

just to wish u the best of luck today! I hope it's gone well!

Xxx

Hi Calm!

Good luck with your test today - I hope you get the result you want.

xxx

So... rolling of drums .... the result was negative (I actually thought, if it is positive I can't post the result in this section).

I got up, peed in a glass, and then followed the instructions. For a second I thought I had done something wrong I saw the windows fill with pink, so I went away and came back 2 minutes later and the window looked very white. So I took the test into bed and showed DH, and asked if he thought it looked white, and he agreed that it did. So he said he was glad, as it was better to get pregnant when the circumstances were better (when I don't have to worry the tablets could harm the baby, when I am better with my anxiety disorder) and I agreed. I didn't feel disappointed really. I didn't feel pregnant in anyway, but the experience has been positive, so now I feel even more positive to get my skates on and have the real fun of TTC and pregnancy as soon I have made some more progress with my problem.

So thanks for all your replies, take care all, big hugs

P.S. Just a little worried why I blacked out, but will have some tests and hopefully it will be nothing.

Glad to hear its the result you wanted calm :)

I wouldn't fret too much about the tests, there are a lot of illnesses going round at the moment I has a bug that did that last year, I didn't faint but I felt like I was going to, and if your on anxiety meds they can knock you out like that too.

:hugs: Hope all goes well at the docs x

Glad to hear its the result you wanted calm :)

I wouldn't fret too much about the tests, there are a lot of illnesses going round at the moment I has a bug that did that last year, I didn't faint but I felt like I was going to, and if your on anxiety meds they can knock you out like that too.

:hugs: Hope all goes well at the docs x

it could certainly be a bug, don't think its the tablet, its just one, very very mild, I used to take 10 times more and nothing like that ever happened. But anyway, I may never ever know, some things just happen and we don't know the reason. Not sure that BFN was what I wanted, but it was certainly for the best. X :hugs:

You can faint for a number of reasons. I fainted with st johns wort (herbal anti depressant). It could well be your medication! Had you eaten/drank enough? Were you too warm?

Well, I had eaten well, didn't feel anxious or ill, just had been feeling tired last week. Wasn't warm or cold, really there didn't seem any apparent reason. But as for the tablets, not only are they very mild, I had took it about 8 hours before, and its effect wears off after about 3 hours (really silly to take them seeing how useless the dosage I take is and I don't want to take tablets of high dosage like I did in the past as it solves nothing), I will have stopped by mid February). Just want to check sugar levels and things like that. Thanks for reply :flower:

Glad to hear you got the result you wanted.

I hope the Dr's can figure out the cause of your blackout, or if not that it doesn't happen again.

Pleased you got the result you wanted calm. You can enjoy WTT again now!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->