• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BV after birth... thought I'd share my story in case:

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
This seemed the best place to post this... as I figured it couldn't hurt to share my story in case in other woman experience the same issue.

I had a c-section, so obvioulsy how your LO is born doesn't factor in... But, after my LO was born, and I got the "all clear" from my OB- it was very painful for me to have sex. Totally normal at first... but months later, it finally started to get better. Then suddenly, it seemed to get worse again and was not getting any better. To the point where it would sting the ENTIRE time- and after, when I peed was bad too. Eek!

This went on for months :wacko: and I kept thinking it would just get better- that maybe it was still "normal"- but it didn't get any better- and I had my OB appt scheduled, so I figured I'd ask her while I was there anyway.

Turns out I have BV (Bacterial Vaginosis)- which can occur when the bacteria (good/bad) are basically out of wack down below... this can cause sex to be painful. There can be discharge as well or a smell- but some woman have no other symptoms other than painful sex (such as myself).

Honestly, I'm thankful they figured out what it was... YAY! And I can take antibiotics to clear it up :) But I could kick myself for waiting as long as I did- I just really thought it would get better (sometimes it does clear up on it's own). I didn't know that was the cause though- and with life being so busy, the time got away from me.

I wanted to share in case anyone else was experiencing the same symptoms- it can't hurt to get checked out.

btw- my hubby is VERY happy to know the cause too... it's been hard on us both the past several months not understanding what was wrong. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->