BV (Bacterial Vaginosis)

Jessie1993

Mother of 2 angel babies
Reaction score
I found out i have a UTI and BV, which they said is common in young women and pregnancy, awesome! (NOT) Anyway, after a bunch of googling I've read in most cases it is not contagious, for men anyway. Any opinions? I don't want to be treated then get it right back. Also read it causes pre mature births.

Hiya, bv isn't contagious but very smelly. My bf won't come near me if and when I had it, doubt I would have felt very comfortable doing it anyway. Lol
It's very common, usually due to douching and really perfumed soaps.
Never heard of it making you go into prem labour that's new to me.

That's what google said lol. But what a relief to know its not contagious! Thank you thank you!

I have reoccuring bouts of BV and it sucks but it isn't contagious. Basically, like you've found out, you have two different things taking residence in your lady parts. One is bacteria and the other is yeast. When one of the other gets out of hand you get BV of a yeast infection. The best ways to balance the flora is by watching your diet. The worst part about BV is the smell, hands down. My husband is so great and supportive thankfully.

A symptom of BV is intense burning during and/or after sex. And a strong fishy odor, which gets stronger with sex. For those reasons alone, I'd wait till it's gone!

I have reoccuring bouts of BV and it sucks but it isn't contagious. Basically, like you've found out, you have two different things taking residence in your lady parts. One is bacteria and the other is yeast. When one of the other gets out of hand you get BV of a yeast infection. The best ways to balance the flora is by watching your diet. The worst part about BV is the smell, hands down. My husband is so great and supportive thankfully.

This is what I'd say too (it's high sugar diet that causes & brings recurrent bv/thrush & uti's back) but I'd add to get faster relief grab some probiotic yoghurt & probiotic pills. That'll kill the bad bacteria replacing with good ones your body needs getting rid of that smell etc.
https://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/tc/bacterial-vaginosis-topic-overview

Antibiotics kill your gut flora (your good bacteria) too so a doctor may give you some to clear it up but watch out, afterwards you might get it again. Prevent that from happening with probiotics.

Ive had it twice, and it was the cause of my fertility issues I am pretty sure... took antibiotics and both times got BFPs lol... get yourself some meds :) And yes its common in pregnancy too. It sucks!!!!

Went to the doctor said, they saw no trace of an infection at all.. i haven't took no medicine, just drunk cranberry juice. The hospital said BV and UTI, my OBGYN said nothing.

I was just diagnosed with it as well glad to know its common they have me starting oral antibiotic on sumday when im 12 weeks will def get some yogurt do not want this back

It's really common, it is just an overgrowth of the natural bacteria we already have in the vagina. I had it and I actually didn't have any symptoms, it was just randomly picked up by routine tests, I took some antibiotics and they didn't retest me.. So good luck, you might not get symptoms.
It's not contagious but sex can make it worse because it can further unbalance the bacterial culture we have so maybe have a little break from sex until after antibiotics.
It's common in pregnancy because the hormones and extra discharge cause the imbalance I believe.
Don't know about what they said to you when you went back! But my nurse when I had it said that it is an ailment that often sorts itself out naturally, the bacterial cultures just get back into a balance because they are clever :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->