C-Section arrival of Alexis *updated*

belladonna

Reaction score
I had an elective c-section on Friday 11th June as my baby was breech and although we had an ECV she failed to turn.
I was so upst when the consultant said that we would have to have a cs as I was really looking forward to giving birth- my pregnancy was not great and I did not enjoy it at all and really feel bad about that. I felt like everything I had done for my baby was wrong and that this was just another thing I was failing at.
I spoke to a lovely midwife on the 8th who explained that I could have a vaginal birth and it was completly up to me- but after doing lots of thinking I had decided that I would have the cs as my baby was (apparently) measuring large and I would have hated going into labour naturally and then having to have an emergency cs.
So, Friday morning I was up at 5am to get ready to leave for the hospital- we were supposed to be there at 7.30 but arrived nearly an hour early. The waiting around was horrible- we were fortunately first on the list and were supposed to go to the theatre at 9am but didn't get in there until just after 9.30. I had to lay on the bed on my left hand side for them to do the spinal, the anaesthetist was really nice but he was asking me to move to a certain position which was really hard to do! Then they put the catheter in- they asked me to lift my leg which I tried to do but couldn't :haha: as my legs were so heavy! They wheeled me through to the theatre and moved me on to the table which couldn't have been fun lifting all 13st of me. Then they moved the table to an angle and shifted it around which felt really odd as I thought I was going to slide off.
When they started the operation it felt really odd- I could feel the movements but no pain and then it seemed to take ages to get the baby out but it could have only been 10 mins or so.
As soon as baby was out they took her to the resus thing- which was directly in my eyeline so I could see everything they were doing. Now it all goes a bit fuzzy- theres lots of things I don't remember- my partner has told me and things I read in my notes. Apparently someone told me it was a little girl and I told them they were lying as I really thought I was having a boy. Richard then walked over to me with the baby and showed her to me and I burst into tears again! When they were stitching me up I spent most of the time just staring at my baby girl in shock that this tiny, perfect thing had just come out of me.
We then went to recovery where my mum was waiting to see us and had some skin-to-skin which was lovely.
I really can not remember how long we were here and what time we went to the ward.

I will update this with more tomorrow- I have to go and look after Alexis!

*updated with more info*
Alexis weighed 7lb8oz, so she wasn't as big as I thought she would be and she is currently in tiny baby clothes as newborn completely swamp her! She has a lovely round head from being breech and is such a happy baby- she is so contented :cloud9:

I am having the stiches out today- which I'm a bit worried about :wacko:
and apart from having to inject myself everyday with a drug to prevent blood clots all is well. One thing I would recommend if you are going to have a cs make sure you have massive knickers that are really stretchy as I found it difficult to get my knickers on so my partner was sent on a late night run to tesco to buy the biggest ones he could find.

So, I was looking through my notes and noticed that Alexis had her cord wrapped around her neck- perhaps this is why she didn't turn?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a breech baby too with elective c-section, and while it's disappointing to not to have the labor experience - the main thing is that she's now here and well :) Enjoy her!!

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics of her!! :)

Congratulations! Enjoy your little bundle of joy! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->