• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

c section mummys of multiples UK

SummerLily

mummy To Triplet Boys
Reaction score
hello ladies :)

im based in the UK and due to deliver my triplets via c section in a few weeks time and was just wandering what your experiances were once you had had your LO's?

I know with them being delviered at 32 weeks that they may well be going into neonatal care for a while and was wandering if you was put in your own room or put onto a ward with all the other mummmys and baby's?

Also does anyone know prices for being able to stay in the individual rooms? Ive no problem being around the other new mum's but its going to be horrible being sat on a ward with all the mums and babys when I cant have my little ones there with me :(

thanks in advance ! x

Hi SummerLily,
I am booked in for delivery of my triplets on friday. I was due to have the op yesterday but they had a number of prem deliveries on sunday and by the time I got there on monday morn, neonatal was full to the brim. I was 35 + 2 on monday and so they don't think they will need neonatal but naturally were not prepared to proceed without neonatl facilities incase they did require some help.
When i went in for scans earlier on in the pregnancy they told me that I would be on the consultant led ward, all of which I believe are individual rooms for you and baby (or in our case babies!). When I went in on monday I was in the ordinary ante / post natal ward but did have a room to myself. I think I was on this ward due to being over 35 weeks, so perhaps at 32 weeks you will be on a consultants unit? I am sure that with 3 babies they would put you in your own room anyway, and so if they are in special care you won't be subjected to others having their babies there as you say.
Is there any reason why they will def be delivered at 32 weeks? The reason I ask is that my consultant wanted me to aim for 34 weeks initially and was so pleased with progress that I was put back until 35, and now due to the delay on monday she was happy enough to leave me until 35 + 6! They did offer me a hosp transfer on monday if I wanted but I was happy to wait as the pregnancy has gone really well for me. You never know, you may get way past 32 weeks and be in the same position as me and special care may be very unlikely for your babies.
Whatever happens, good luck hun and take care. We will be triplet mummy's very soon!!

Hugs xx

hello pinkflamingo !

ahh wow another triplet mummy !! Where abouts are you based??

initially the consultant wanted me to go for 34 weeks but at my 28 week scan one of them has stopped progressing as much as the other two and wasnt growing at the same rate. So he said at the 30 week scan - which is this coming monday - if theres not been any great change with his weight gain etc then he would like to get them out at 32 weeks instead . although id love them to stay in a bit longer !

I wanted to ask the consultant about the room situation but then I didnt want to sound like I didnt want to be around the other mums !!!! Id be greatful where ever they put me but it would be heartbreaking not being able to have my babys there with me but being on a ward with all the other mummys getting to enjoy the bonding time with thier new LO's!

xx

oh and forgot to say good luck for friday! :happydance: xx

Thanks hun. I def feel like I am ready for these babies to come now! Tummy is so big that nights are uncomfortable and sleep not really great now.

Have you had a tour of the hospital and labour wards? Was there a specific consultant led ward? I would just ask at your next scan if its on monday, it's a natural question to ask hun. If you are having the section due to one baby needing it, then one or both of the others may not need to go into special care if they are doing well. Its all an unknown for us really isn't it, until these little ones are actually with us we can't be sure how their health will be.

I am in shropshire hun so a bit of a way from you, but would love to stay in touch and chat with you. We are expecting them so close to one another that iw ould be good to have a 'triplet buddy' if you fancy that too!

How are you feeling about it all hun? I still don't think it will sink in with us fully that we are expecting triplets until they arrive! Sounds silly but it was such a shock to us and just seems so surreal! Do you know the sexes? We are having 3 girls! Lots of pink in the house!!

Xx

hey !

we havent had any looks around the labour wards or anything yet ! The consultant dosnt think they will need to much help when they come out ! We do know that 2 of them ( the 2 biggest) have clubfoot but its not something that will effect them for the rest of thier lives and can be dealt with from when thier born with casts and bars and boots eventually. Thier hoping the only thing they may need help with if born at 32 weeks would be that they may need to be fed via a feeding tube for a while untill they learn to swallow.

Ah you are a fair old way away ! But I would definatly love to stay in touch! I get on my email mroe than I do on here so I can send that if you like and we can keep in touch !!

How am I feeling about it ???? ermm...... lol. its only been the last couple of weeks that its really start to hit me and im petrified. Are your wee three your first pregnancy? This is a first time for us this end which has made me worrying about every little niggle even worse ! lol. It still dosnt feel completly real yet but your right I dont think it will untill thier actually here! lol.

Not so much pink this end !!!! 3 boys for us ! :) But I couldnt be happier ! :) xx

How are you coping with it all ?? Ive got ME so it its putting a bit more pressure than normal on my joints and muscles but im still smieling ! Not long left to go! xx

Its our first pregnancy too which I have to come think is a good thing as we have nothing to compare it to do we?! This is all just completely normal for a pregnancy!! Ihad a scan on monday when they said they couldn't do the section and they are all in the 5lb region, so there is a whole lotta baby going on! My joints are feeling it too and so roll on friday i say!! I have to say I have been exceptionally lucky in being able to drive still and not have any bedrest, or any complications throughout. Early on was tough as we lost a baby 12 months ago and so when I found out I was pregnant it was so scary, and then with triplets, it became a nightmare!! Of course that takes us straight into the high risk category and so I was petrified something would happen. Its all been good though so clearly was all meant to be.

Awww 3 boys!! Have you had nightmares with names or are you all sorted? We have had weeks of debates and still not fully decided! Am hoping they get born with nametags!!!

Def send me your email hun, be a great way to stay in touch and support each other. You had any thoughts on feeding? I want to try breastfeeding but am open to topping them up with formula if they need it, and I won't beat myself up if I can't cope with breastfeeding. We have to realise its a bit diff to a singleton isn't it!

I hope your ME hasn't caused you too many issues with the pregnancy. Just think hun you are just a couple of weeks from seeing your little boys! We could always marry them off to each other!!

Xx

wow !! all in the 5lb region!!! that is a lot of baby !! Ours are a tad smaller lol! the 2 biggest at the last scan 2 weeks ago were 2lb 8oz and 2lb 120z and the smallest which thier a bit concerned about was only measuring in at 1lb 15oz. Its definatly more frightening though when they tell you that your automatically in the high risk section! glad to hear all has gone well with this pregnancy - sorry to hear about your loss :(.xx

We had tons of debates on what we would call our children before we even got pregnant haha and we had 3 sorted , Oliver , Oscar and Harry . So it worked out well that we fell pregnant with 3 boys ! Are your's identical or non identical?? Our 3 are all non identical which i guess makes it a bit easier but i still think we need nametags ! lol.

i opted for bottle feeding from the start ! I thought it would hard enough trying to breastfeed with one but 3 !!!!! lol. Not sure how the midwifes on the hospital ward would take me not wanting to breast feed but fingers crossed they dont moan too much haha.

it has caused a few issues sadly but i think its more because i chose to come off my medication / painkillers when i found out i was expecting as there was never any research into the effects that tablet had during pregnancy so i chose the safe option but its been agony some days ! Marrying them off to one another sounds like a great idea ! lol :happydance:

Are you all ready then? The only implication we have now is that were living in a 1 bed property ! but fingers crossed we can get that sorted soon!!

Email is : [email protected]

Are you on fb at all?x

Think we are just about ready, or should I say as ready as we will ever be!! The cots are up, one is in our room ready for when they come home. Lots of clothes have been washed and put away, our family have been buying loads of pretty things for them!
Oh poor you with your ME. I can imagine I would have done the same and come of meds if you're not sure what the effects could be. But obviously it means you suffer. Not too much longer now hun to hang on in there, and it will be so worth it all.
If the midwives are good then they should support you in whatever you choose to do. If they are in special care then they may suggesy you try and express at least some of the colostrum so it could be fed to the babies and help them on their way. I think either way feeding in going to be a mission in itself with 3 hungry bambinos all at once!
Ours are all non identical too, which is great as limits risks doesn't it? They did say however that even with 3 sacs and placentas that there always is a chance of one egg having split really early on. But there is no def way of knowing this until the babies are born.
Your weights at last scan (which would have been about 28 weeks??) Are about around where we were I think. We had one that was a little behind the other two but by about the 30 - 32 weeks scans they were pretty much the same. Fingers crossed that will be your case too, although he is nearly 2lbs and if he goes to special care that is a good weight to start off on. He will be even bigger by monday though and every day they stay in our tummys is a good thing.
Thanks for your mail address. Ill send you one shortly and put my fb details on it too.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->