C-section or not?

windswept

Reaction score
Hi All

Archie was breech, so I was given an elective caesarean - which I have to say was an extremely pleasant experience.

Now we are expecting number 2 and we have been told (unofficially and not by medical professionals) that I could opt for one this time round too.

I am in two minds... At first I thought NO, definitely not! I wanted to give it a go naturally. But now I am thinking of the practicalities:

1. Mr Windswept is super busy at that time of year, and will have to get in extra staff to help him and make lots of additional arrangements to be able to support the family when I'm in hospital... So makes sense to be able to plan.

2. We have 3 lovely doggies who shouldn't suffer while I'm in hospital - there is no-one nearby who I trust enough to take them at short notice, and do right by them, so I'd like to ship them off to my dad's for a short while... Again, be great to plan it as dad lives a distance away.

3. Our little boy will need to be looked after while his Daddy is supporting me in hospital, and although I know we need my MIL's help I want to keep it to an absolute minimum (give that woman an inch and she takes a mile). So for that reason I'd like to be able to plan too.

I know we can never truelly plan, but I like to be organised - I like to be in control!

But I worry that I would be taking the easy option and people will judge me. I did want to be a wholesome mummy - natural birth, breast feeding, etc - but didn't manage with Archie (medical reasons) and I survived just fine, and he is perfectly happy!

What would you do?!

Im kinda in this situation too!

I had a emcs with DS and im prob going to have one this time like you say its easier to plan what to do with DS as OH works as do his parents and my parents and when in labour with him it lasted 3 days of which i was in hospital.

I know people are going to judge me but tbh i dont really care as long as im happy with my decision :)

i think you will find things a lot harder, having a a section, you may not be able to plan, but a section would mean you need to be relaxed and take it easy for 6 weeks at least, with dogs and another lo i would find that impossible, personally id go for a natural birth, ive had a section then had my son vaginally, recovery was soooo much better, i felt fine within hours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->