c section question?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MRSRICHRS2K, Jun 3, 2011.

1. MRSRICHRS2K

MRSRICHRS2K Mummy of 3

was just wondering how lomg you have to stay in hospital for after a section? I read on nhs direct website that if your ok and bubbas ok then you can go home after 24hours, but just wondered how true in practice tht is?

2. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

I'm guessing it depends on where you live... but here, my best friend (and other friend who had a c-section) were in the hospital for 2-3 days, dependent on how well they were doing. I don't think they would make you leave after only 24hrs... that doesn't seem enough time??? But it could depend on the hospital as well.

Maybe check with your doctor?

3. ahcigar1

ahcigar1 Happy Mother of 1

Don't know how it is in the UK but here in the US you are in the hospital for 3 days.

4. babytibby

babytibby Well-Known Member

I think its 3 days. my first it was 5 but when i had my second in 2004 i stayed for 3 days, they werent keen on me going but i was ok and the other babies in the ward were waking mine up and everytime i went to sleep the nurses would wake me to give me painkillers which really annoyed me so I checked myself out lol.

I went in and had her friday afternoon and went home monday morning. hoping to do the same this time too xx

5. Lau88

Lau88 Well-Known Member

I think it's about 2-3 days as long as ur healing well and have passed 3 urine samples after catheter being removed.

6. bmuir11207

bmuir11207 Mother of 2 girls

with my two girls they wanted me to have a BM before i could go home

7. Mom2Ben

Mom2Ben Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Hi - I had my DS in the early hours of Monday morning and was home on the Wednesday but my midwife said I should have stayed longer. I was fine though and really wanted to be at home rather

8. hulahoop09

hulahoop09 Mum to lg and pg #2

A friend recently had a section on a sunday and.she went home the tuesday, she had to do.a poop before they released her :D

9. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

I stayed in 3 nights with Eloise (almost 4). But I hear you can stay 2 nights if you are healing well. There's no way I'd've been ready to leave after 24 hours, pretty sure I was still having morphine shots for the pain at that stage.