Cab driver from hell!!!

MissE007

Reaction score
Argh! Just want to complain really.

I was late for the bus today so called a cab, a 50-something year old guy. At first he wasn't too bad and then he suddenly decided to spend the rest of the journey telling me about his ex-wife and among other things how men don't find pregnant women attractive or in general once they've had a couple of kids (he didn't notice that I was pregnant myself!!!). I tried to shut him up a few times but he just kept on talking.

He was talking about how unattractive women's bodies are once they've had children etc and he just made me uncomfortable through the whole journey. Not to mention this really hit a nerve with me because it is something I worry about every now and then anyway this being my second baby.

He was saying this is a fact of life and most women just can't handle it etc. etc. To make things worse the damn b*stard tried to overcharge me at the end.

I would normally just ignore this kind of talk, but for some reason it has stayed with me all day and I really feel kinda upset by it!

I've never met such a ignorant horrible person! :cry:

What a tw*t. Thats all i can say.
Don't let somebody like that get u down, all us women are beautiful, wether we're pregnant or not xx

That bang out of order.

I'd ring the cab company & complaim if you can.

I think he's talking bollocks.

I'm pg with my 4th & ok I don't feel as confident, my boobs aren't as perky (well they are now 'cos I'm pg), and my tummy I don't think will ever be flat, but my OH finds me just as attractive as ever & to me that is all that matters.

I bet your taxi driver was a fat, bald, ugly 50 yr old any way.

Nice what a plesent journey, all good and well know but should of made a comment about bitter fat bolding middle aged cabby's too.

What a f****g cock! Excuse my language, but if that was me I would have gone into some long winded conversation about how I only pick real men with decent jobs and that I dont understand how men that drive taxi's think they can support a woman, as the pay is rubbish really ( Completely, NOT what I think by the way as its rediculous but I would have LOVED to have seen how he would have reacted to that, ignorant jackass!)

Hey - at least we have good reason for our bodies changing! I wonder what his excuse would be? What a tw@t.

^ Hehe You're right - He REALLY wasn't anything to write home about - which is why I don't know why it upset me the way it did.

I think I will complain to the company tommorow, I had a half-argument with his boss on the phone when he tried to overcharge me but didn't mention his innappropriate conversation. He said he only started last week so obviously hasn't learned the first rule of not insulting your customers.

Just can't believe some people really.

Call the cab company and complain! He shouldn't be making his passengers feel uncomfortable.

Agreed, he needs to be told off for that, and inform them you are pregnant as well so found it even more insulting.

As for men not finding pregnant women attractive, that's bollocks. I can tell you from personal experience that I had no less than three men who were totally hot for me when I was pregnant (even heavily pregnant) and were trying to come onto me regularly despite knowing I was in a relationship! So I completely disagree with that (on a side note, of course I politely but firmly kept them at a distance, lol).

If women who have had kids aren't as attractive anymore, then why are so many of them continuing to get pregnant after having one? How about all those who have one or more kids who attract new partners after breaking up with their exes? Lol...he's a total whacko with clearly misguided and insulting opinions. It's more likely, the way he carried on about it, that he perhaps had some bad personal experience with regard to a pregnant woman or woman with children..maybe he got burned by one or something, who knows.

But it was clearly inappropriate to say the least that he spoke to you in that manner, and I definitely think you should complain.

well not every man thinks like him thank god! He obviously thinks hes something way special that deserves a playboy model or something, obviously not though with that attitude!
i suggest you ring the cab service and complain saying in the future you will think twice about using that cab service as after your experience the drivers are rude and insensitive im sure the cab service will deal with him then and the ladies there probably wouldnt be too happy with him either!
all women are beautiful, no matter how many kids they have!
xx

I think I really am going to complain in the morning. My mum told me there's some higher authority locally I can go and talk to also. I felt at first maybe I was being slightly oversensitive, but I think now its not just that.

As for what he said, I agree, I know its a load of old cr@p. If you didn't tell someone you had children they wouldn't just 'know' based on your appearance. I think he's just another of these backwards ignorant men you hear about every so often. I'm just going to try and kick up enough of a fuss tommorow to stop him from upsetting all of his female passengers.

I'd have phoned his employer and complained.

Since getting pregnant, cab drivers have really felt my hormonal wrath. They drive like idiots and don't know where they are going. I forced one to drive me to Leeds one day cos he was late and I missed my train. I kicked off that much and phoned the company he worked for they drove me for a fiver when it should have been about £12.

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->