Caffeine warning

A

Always&4ever

New research has stated that having 2 cups of coffee a day can double the risk of a pregnant woman having a miscarriage.
Taken from 5 news, what are they going to say next?

I thought it was 300mg....? Darn it! Can't remember. It's all gotto to do with how strong you make it.

I can't stomach coffee luckily. Tea is my weakness but I may as well be drinking hot water with sugar and milk it's that weak! I'll soon be off that too. It's starting to loose appeal.

hmm, i really don't know how much truth there is in such researches...my mother in law had like at least 4 cups a day and she gave birth to 4 healthy sons??? duh....

My thoughts exactly JamieX, my mum gave birth to 4 healthy children & so did my MIL. I know for a fact that they drank coffee throughout their pregnacies. I bet they also ate a lot of stuff that we're not meant to now!!

xx

My mum used to drink coffee aswell and dispite being 4weeks prem we were all fine, they did this with alcohol though, first they said it was fine to drink upto 6units, then 1 unit now they are saying that any amount of alcohol can cause damage, I don't think they even know themselves anymore

it's always been known that high levels of caffeine can harm baby. But two cups sounds low...

I only drink tea anyway, and have replaced as many of my daily teas with caffeine free ones. I dont notice the difference anymore. You can get caffeine free coffee too cant you, so thats worth doing.
Meanwhile, I also read that ladies who eat choc each day are at a lower risk of miscarriage...yum!

Yep, they are saying that fruit tea's and decaffinated coffee is ok as it only has a small percentage of caffeine in it, they didn't mention anything about chocolate or coca cola

yeah I saw that on the news too this morn, saying that before it used to be 4 cups now 2.

Before you know it we'll not be allowed to eat or drink anything and we'll have to stay in bed all day!!!!!!!!!!

Well Ive been limiting my self to three servings of caffine a day (e.g. 3 coffees, or a can of coke a coffee and a tea if that makes sense) and Im fine although I dont want to speak too soon obviously.

To be honest, Im not sure where a lot of this research comes from. My mum was told to drink half a guiness a day for her iron levels when she was pregnant with me and here I am!

xxx

I don't think they know honestly. I think our bodies know more or less what we should take in. Well mine does. As I said earlier the smell of coffee sends me running to the bathroom. Let alone the taste. Alcohol I haven't touched because firstly I have a feeling it's not going to be good and secondly can't stomach it either.

My mom told me alcohol is fine during pregnancy but I still refuse to touch it. And it's not because of what I've read. Call it a 6th sense *shrug*

But the part about dr's saying women who eat a chocolate a day are at a lower risk of miscarriages?!? That makes me even more weary of what doctors believe. Chocolate contains caffiene.. Hmmmm.... I dunno :rofl:

i seen that on the news too, i think its a load of rubbish. they never knew this years ago when our mums and nans were having kids and they were fine, i follow the guidelines just to be on the safe side but apparently ur body only lets good nutrients pass through the placenta. x

i thought tea had more caffine in it than coffee.

no, coffee is higher.

this si where they said choc reduces miscarriage risk by 20%.. https://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn10717

looks like there's all sorts that's bad for us....being single, being skinny,...all sorts!

Ummm yes....think I may stay at home and only drink water and eat oat grain bread!!?? :)

My Dad called me yesterday afternoon and told me to stop drinking tea. Seriously, I have 2-4 cups a week. I don't drink soda at all either. So I am not that worried about my occasional cuppa.

I don't drink tea or coffee so its not much of an issue for me

I read in the newspaper today that if you drink more than 200mg it increases your chances. I think as long as you chill out with the caffeine drinks during the 1st trimester you should be fine. Some days I need a small coffee from the lack of sleep to make it through the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->