Caffeine!

I know, its crazy isn't it. Honestly, how does anyone ever get pregnant! If we all gave up everything that was remotely bad for us and tried to eat and drink everything good for us we would all be bloomin' miserable and then you could argue that the low mood/adverse stress levels would also impact negatively!
I'm swaying to the one/two cups a day things is probably ok!
xx

question though... if your FSH and LH levels are "normal" and your progestrone is ok, and you seem to have a regular cycle (avg 28 days) and are ovulating... then what part of fertility would they caffeine would bother? does it bring down FSH ? bring down progrestrone?

Mmm, good question ttc1st! I'm in the same boat - all seems fine with me but I am on month 22 ttc and conceived my first quite quickly (granted I was only 32 then and now I'm 41) and I wasn't drinking the strong coffee then that I am now.
I don't know the answer to your question except that the evidence for any impact of fertility is inconclusive at best. I guess because caffeine is a toxin and a stimulant and therefore could affect egg quality/cycle pattern? Anyone else have any thoughts?

Caffeinated Drinks and Beverages can affect fertility in such a way that it weakens the sperm or it lowers sperm count... It is also said to decreases implantation ability of the fertilized ovum to the woman's uterus.. therefore decreasing possibility of conception.
It would be best to eliminate caffeine consumption while you are trying to get pregnant... :)

Thanks for your post Emma. I think it would be best although I just can't quite bring myself to cut it out altogether. May explain the 22 months ttc though so should really give it some serious thought.

Yeah... but when you do, you need to slowly cut it off.. not abrupt. Because it will cause a sort of withdrawal symptom..this is because coffee or caffeine has this addicting effect. Good luck Minno!!!:coffee:

Good advice - she said, typing this reply while drinking breakfast cuppa !! I am going to start cutting out my afternoon cup and then my early morning one - that only leaves me my mid-morning one which I will try to switch to a less potent fresh coffee (currently strength 5!) but cannot do without entirely as need it to get me through the day - honestly! Guess I am addicted!! xx

Good advice - she said, typing this reply while drinking breakfast cuppa !! I am going to start cutting out my afternoon cup and then my early morning one - that only leaves me my mid-morning one which I will try to switch to a less potent fresh coffee (currently strength 5!) but cannot do without entirely as need it to get me through the day - honestly! Guess I am addicted!! xx

LOLOL!!! just try to taper it down a little... it's a process.. you can't just get rid of it over night :)

Had my first acupuncture appt today. The acupuncturist said that the only thing she would suggest I did, was to get my OH to get rid of caffeine. She said it makes the sperm really fast and like little rockets, but then they fizzle out before they get there! She said to imagine lots of little rockets zooming past each other but then getting half way there and running out of fire, and fizzling out! I immediately wanted to ban OH from drinking any caffeine at all, but know I'll have to go about it in a different way! He's already reduced to 3 teas a day and one green tea.

Now that's interesting! I thought caffeine for OH just before Bd was supposed to liven up the sperm so they were more likely to hit there target? So confusing isn't it.
have to confess though, I tried a de-caf tea today for the first time ever, and, shocker, it was actually ok! Perhaps I should try decaf coffee and see if I like that too. But then there's prob some warning about too many additives in de-caf that are bad for you - arrgghhhh!!!

Well I got my SA results, I drink 2 espressos a day. Everything was really good including motility and morphology and count. So I don't know about holding a gun to hubby's head and making him quit.
Mind you, green tea isn't that bad. There's another thing called Rooibos that is a good alternative too.

Thanks Basel. I'll look that up. Have you tried it?
I suppose if hubby's SA comes back fine, then some caffeine is ok, but if it doesn't I may have to find that gun! lol x

Yeah, it's not bad at all. Bit like a mild black tea, but full of antioxidants and no caffeine. It's good if you are used to a warm drink a few times a day and are looking for an alternative.
Having said that, all becomes clearer after the SA results. I would have sworn mine would be all bad due to lifestyle - I was a smoker, I also smoked pot and drank about 3 x 375ml beers a day, more on the weekend. My SA was done within days of quitting all that stuff, so I was still running on sperm from my bad habits period, yet all results were good, so I think it really varies from individual to individual and the only real way to know is to test.
Mind you, I'm really glad I quit everything anyway, I feel a hundred times better.
I do still have a beer or two on the weekend, but that's it.

Ladies!
I drink quite a bit of Diet Coke, but no coffee or tea... so how much of the Diet COke is ok do ya think?? i simply can't quit it, it's my only vice! I've quit alcohol, i dont smoke, dont take meds except pre conception vits!

Please tell me 500 mls a day is ok?????

Ha!
just looked it up!
Diet Coke 350mls (a can) has 45mg of caffeine,
tall coffee c350 mls, has 100-300 mg bepending on the brew!

You should limit intake to 200mg per day! i'm good for about a litre of Diet coke then...but i promise i'll be cutting back to about 500mls!
I personally think i can live with that!:happydance::happydance:

Ha ha Redclaire - I like your thinking! We've gotta have something right?! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->