Cake Making & Baking Group

Silly question time - what do you all store your cakes in?

Tins usually at home or if i'm transporting them to someone or giving them as a gift i use cake boxes.

I can't see the pic either Craftymum.

Gorgeous cuppies and cakes everyone. Jac I'm just waiting for an excuse to have a go at that garden party cake, it's so pretty!

I need some quick advice. I'm making 2 cakes for 1 family and I'm wondering whether or not you think I've priced them propperly.

Manchester United cake - 10 inch round cake, chocolate with chocolate fudge filling. Main body of the cake will be red with a Man U embellem on the top and fondant footballs. The sides of the cake will have black and white stripe detailing. - £45 (all handmade no bought in designs)

Racing car/karting cake - novelty race car shape, chocolate with chocolate fudge filling. The board will have race track detailing. - £45 (it will use the same amount of cake as the one above)

Do you think £45 is too much? The ingredients, boards, ribbon etc will cost £18.87 per cake and I will have to pay delivery costs for my online purchases as well as buying in tappits specifically for these cakes.

Oh silly me - prob cos it's my FB account. Here's another pic
cake1.jpg

Thanks Glitterfairy - the stars a bit wonky though I'm guessing things like that will get easier with practice although I think my cutter may have been too big.

its cool.. I thought the stars were 'sposed to be wonky.. like a bit of the abstract look! lol
if they were orange and yellow theyd be great starfish! haha

anyways, heres my cupcakes I made for mylos birthday tea party tomorrow.

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0853.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0854.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0855.jpg

Choc delish and strawberry star!

(and as per usual the strawberry goes runny and doesnt peak once I have added the colouring and flavouring. I really need a method to combat this problem!) grrr

:hi:

been having a nosey and all these are AMAZING! your all brilliant :thumbup: really makes me wanna try and do some but im crap lol

I was saying that only 2 months ago and with the help of these ladies on here I am now confident enough to make My sons first birthday and christening cake next week..
thing is all your hard work and effort gets destroyed and eaten! lol

wow some great cakes and cupcakes girls!

Love mylos cake its so sweet.
Jac tahat cake is gorgeous!

I made some sticky toffee cupakes the weekend...they smelt the whole house out it was lush x

Wow your cakes look amazing!

i want to make pretty cup cakes but i know mine would suck lol

Tsia - could you add more icing sugar until its the right consistency? x

Hello ladies i need some advice on a chocolate cake.

https://www.thecakestore.co.uk/cgi-..._of_copy_of_Chocolate_Box_Cake.html#a209#a209

Obviously its chocolate sponge but how would you cover it. To me it looks like chocolate/ chocolate fudge buttercream and not fondant? The chocolate shavings sprinkled over. Also the pig Ive never modelled anything for a cake before so what should i use to model the pig is just ordinary fondant or something different?

Thankyou for your help ladies x

i'd use choccy buttercream and crumble a flake up x

Hey ladies not sure if this has been posted...but just come back from morrisons and they have had loads of new cupcake items in stock....i bought

1) cupcake stand, 3 tier, dispoable..its pink...made out of carboard....£5.5o
2) Star cupcake wrappers, pack of six, £1.99
3)100 spotty cupcake cases, brown, pink, blue and purple 99p
4) 45 foil cupcake cases, red, gold and silver £1.49 - nice but not as high as ones i previously have

Also bought brown cupcake cases...asda do brown and white but morissons have just the brow for 54p so got these.

They also had cupcake box that holds 6 cupcakes, no inserts, pack of 2 think they were £2.25

x

i know its a little late but the baby shower cake and cupcakes done on 7-24-10.... my first cake done like w/ fondant hopefully it loaded

Attachments

• P1015366.jpg
    P1015366.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
  • P1015448.jpg
    P1015448.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 18
  • P1015369.jpg
    P1015369.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online