Cake Making & Baking Group

Buttercream is just marg/butter and icing sugar and a drop of whichever colour of flavouring you like.
I top my coffee cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles/grated chocolate/dark chocolate flakes/toffee choc balls that kind of thing.

well whats the frosting then? how would you make a covering for a carrot cake say? thats not buttercream.. what do you call that? and how can I make it? I would love to know how. .. i am confused. lol.. (doesnt take much) :lol:

glitterfairy how did you do that rainbow cake?! its amazing!! :)
and thanks girls i am well excited oredered loads of decorations, and i love the walnut idea!! she loves walnut whips! :) xxx

so you make your cake as normal then what seperate it so that you can add the colouring seperatly? then just add a layer at a time into the bun cases? xx

Tsia i have ordered a giant cupcake tin, i was just wondering how much ingredients you used and how long you cooked if for/temp :) many thanks x

Those with cupcake tins, how do you get the cake out?? Cos im guessing to line it with baking paper it'd be a pain in arse???

x

imnot sure it looks like a big hole you jus fill with mixture, altho the one i ordered says it has a thing you can put in that you can put fruit in or ice cream :L
Well i have just bought:
2 cooling racks
a well cool new pair of scales
a icing set
lemon,almond & vanilla extract
pink, blue, green, yellow food colouring
baking powder
20 eggs
walnuts
2 boxes of cocoa
jellybeans
mint matchmakers
some coffee chocolates
white choc stars
400 cake cases!
2 silicone cupcake baking trays
3 sandwich tins - altho there in cm :L
4 spatulas
icing sugar
plain flour and self raising
caster sugar
2 pots of readymade frosting - to practice using my icing set with! :)
choc and white choc buttons
2 big blocks of chocolate
ermm i cant remember the rest - hoping that is enuf to start me off tho!
Off ebay i have ordered sum flowers and sum cupcake boxes :) xx

WOW, you sound like you spend a small fortune there. Should be enough to get you going hun xx

Oooh also i was wondering, like how do you do the writing?! I know you cover the cake board in fondant (is that the ready to roll icing??) you all keep saying fondant an i have no idea what it is!
But how do you get the writing so nice?!! xx

Thanks Cassandra (lovely name) I hope so! I used to always bake before i had Kaitlyn, i was a nanny to 4 kids - so teh baking side im sorted - its the decorating! -- also seen last night that a college sorta nearby does a college course part time in cake decorating, so sent them an email to see if i can get on! xx

Wow did you buy the whole shop? LOL
Sounds like a good collection.Have fun xxx

blimey danielle!!!you need tappits for the writing more spending lol ooo did you buy cake smoothers?

what are tappits and smothers?? :L i got like 4 of them spatula things x x x

Smoothers help to smooth the fondant and make it even, Tappits are moulds for letters

https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Shape_Cutters.html

arrgh what size cases do you use? my cakes have turned out pretty small :L there was 3 sizes in the shop 'petit' medium (they seemed ok) and muffin?! xx

muffin in a muffin tin for cupcakes although i use a deep bun tin and normal cake cases x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->