Cake

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
I've never made cakes before - other than packet-mix ones! I want to make a cake for my daughter's first birthday. Something that's not too overloaded with sugar that she can have a nibble of but mostly for the adults to eat! :D So, I need some recipes, and I need to know how to make and bake it ... So can anyone help please?
There will be at least 2 of us there who can't eat normal cake (due to a gluten allergy) so if anyone has any good gluten free recipes too, I'd be greatful. I don't know whether to make just one cake or some cupcakes too? That way I can make some gluten-free ones as well as normal ones?!
Also what would you reccomend to decorate the cake with? Thanks

I'm not very good at cakes but made a 2 sponge cake in a rectangular tin (from Asda I think) used a Mary Berry Victoria sponge recipe put jam and butter icing in the middle sandwiched them together and then cut a 1 shape out, and then put butter icing on top with wee jelly sweets looked fab and def not overly complicated as just a basic sponge recipe :thumbup:

You need to find kittyventura on here...Jemma's cakes look delicious!!!

I am here. However I do not touch gluten free and my cakes are LOADED with sugar and bad stuff so I don't think I can really help.

OP doves farm has some gluten free cake recipes on there.. Have a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->