Cakes.....Especially for AG.....

Aw they're fantastic. Esp. love Santa in his string vest! :lol:

My Mum used to ice cakes for a living. Had some great birthday cakes. 8) One year she did me A-ha :oops: It was some time ago....

Yeah, yeah... pretend you never heard of them...I'm not that old! :roll:

Ohhhhh I was thinking it could mean something totally different :blush: :angelnot:

Well I'd had one coffee & wasn't thinking of songs :oops: :lol:

"One year she did me A-ha :oops:"

I was thinking it was a bit of a code :ninja: I'll slope in my corner for more caffine!!!

Wobbles!!!! :shock:

This is my Mother you're talking about!?!?! :rofl:

She did do a pair of boobs once (not for me obviously!)

wow - are you sending one of those overseas???? How long does it take to bake or better "create" one?

:cake: :plane:

those are gorgeous cakes WOW must take a lot of patience to do them...well worth it tho...you could hire yourself out and start a business with them they are better than any i've seen and i work in a bakery :!:

Suz said:
I would really like to order one from you some day. Would you concider sendind one to the US if I paid for IT. :lol: Thinking future baby shower! :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwww bless ya :hugs:

Helen said:
Aw they're fantastic. Esp. love Santa in his string vest! :lol:

My Mum used to ice cakes for a living. Had some great birthday cakes. 8) One year she did me A-ha :oops: It was some time ago....

I remember them!! I LOVED them at the time :oops:

Take on meeeeeeeee :-=

hauptuser said:
wow - are you sending one of those overseas???? How long does it take to bake or better "create" one?

:cake: :plane:

It takes a about 8 hours to make the fruit cakes from scratch to finish.. :D

I decorated the choir one and made the choir boy & tree in one evening.....

I had made the fruit cakes for the other 2 before hand (santa & bowling one), I took them to my dad's 300 miles away and decorated them all there, it was a manic christmas and we were so behind, so I had to take them with me to work on them whilst visiting.

I made the Santa one & the Santa & penguin bowling one over the weekend, so all in all about 30 hrs, I worked 10 hrs a day for 3 days......but the colouring of the icing took ages, but normally, I would have taken my time and done each of them over a couple of days at a time, plus all my tools were in my tool box and I needed to hunt them out each time :lol: which took time.

The wedding cake I made the fruit cakes well in advance, and decorated it about 3 days before the wedding, and assembled it initially at home to check it was all correctly measured out, but obviously took it to bits for travelling and assembled and made minor repairs at the venue. I wanted to throw it out the window many times, but I was pleased once I had finished it and we saw it complete at the wedding.

lexis_mommy said:
those are gorgeous cakes WOW must take a lot of patience to do them...well worth it tho...you could hire yourself out and start a business with them they are better than any i've seen and i work in a bakery :!:

Awwwwwwww :oops: I have a lot of equipment to do cakes and have thought about starting a business many times, but it never seems to be the right time.......and I am not sure there is a market for it, as they wouldn't come cheap :? they cost a pretty penny all in all, and it depends on whether people are willing to pay for that and the time I put into it, I could realistically, do a cake a day and more complicated ones would take 2 days. but the Santa cake would be about £45-60 (off the top of my head, to buy). I Just need to research things more, as I have moved areas since I did my last lot of research :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"