Calculations by LMP or O date??

Sofaqueen77

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm cautiously joining you guys after getting my BFP on11/9/13!!
I was just wondering how you calculate how far along you are, I mean.....

My last LMP was 11/8/13.... Which would make me 5 weeks, 6 days
But I know (from EWCM) that I O'd on 31/8/13.... Which makes me 4weeks, 6 days!!

What you guys think?

xxxx

Congratulations! Your date will be calculated from your LMP.

They will use your LMP until you get a scan to verify. But usually they won't change your due date unless your scan is a week or more off. Congrats!! :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat. I ovulated late and am not sure exactly how far I am, which is why I removed my ticker. I have decided that I actually feel a lot better not knowing for right now (so I don't constantly compare my symptoms with other people at the same 'week' point) so I'm just going to wait until my scan and tell the doctor I'm unsure about my dates and see if he can date me on the scan.

I ovulated early, So by my calculations the dates dont match. I am going in for my first appointment on 10/9/13 so hopefully I will get some answers. I was told the same thing with my first pregnancy that they will only change your edd if your 1 week ahead in your first tri, 2 weeks in your second, and 3 weeks in your third tri. I think it varies my doctors. I tracked like crazy and have my positive opk dates so hopefully they will use those too :)

We are going from when I oed because I know I oed CD17-18 last cycle. Going by LMP I should be 6 weeks 3 days but going by my O dates and early scan, which matches my O dates, I'm 5 weeks 7 days. And I made sure I told the OB that I oed late :)
Congratulations!

Without a scan they'll use your LMP - which can be really inaccurate. By LMP I was over 10 weeks and by scan (a couple weeks ago now) I was 6 weeks 5 days! So until you have a scan there's no real confirmation.

Hi all,
Thanks for all the replies.... We don't usually get scans until we are 20 weeks!!!
I'm gonna book in for a private one, around 8/9 weeks, I'm want to make sure I hear a heartbeat, otherwise I'll be fretting!!

xxx

They will use your LMP, but I would say expect baby to be more around your O date so you aren't worrying yourself (if you have an early scan anyway).

I'm also a late ovulator and never measure what LMP would have me as.

Your doc will go by lmp but I went by when I thought I ovulated. Turns out both were wrong. Lmp I would have been 12+6 but the scan showed 9+6. It was a week ahead of where i thought I was. If you know you o late them go by that. Tell your doctor you o late and when you get a dating scan it will most likely match up and they'll go by o date anyway.

I ovulated late (didn't know it until I was at my scan thinking I was 6-7 weeks along when I discovered I was only 5 weeks!) You go by your lmp until you get your scan, and they'll be able to measure the sac and tell you how far along you are. Congratulations :hugs: !

i ovulated late (didn't know it until i was at my scan thinking i was 6-7 weeks along when i discovered i was only 5 weeks!) you go by your lmp until you get your scan, and they'll be able to measure the sac and tell you how far along you are. Congratulations :hugs: !

i think this is why they didnt see anything on my scan as i oed late and implanted late as well. So im just now into 5.5 weeks! Hopefully next scan they see something :) go for level check tomorrow and i cant even think straight :)

i ovulated late (didn't know it until i was at my scan thinking i was 6-7 weeks along when i discovered i was only 5 weeks!) you go by your lmp until you get your scan, and they'll be able to measure the sac and tell you how far along you are. Congratulations :hugs: !

i think this is why they didnt see anything on my scan as i oed late and implanted late as well. So im just now into 5.5 weeks! Hopefully next scan they see something :) go for level check tomorrow and i cant even think straight :)

Yeah I was so freaked out after my first scan! I tried not to be and just kept positive because I had a feeling this is a strong pregnancy. It was unnerving because she only saw the yolk sac and said I was too early to see anything inside. She didn't sound stressed so I let that calm me down a little - she seemed like she had seen this every day and was very composed about it and acted almost bored :haha: Which was somehow reassuring. Then, she had me come back 10 days later, and I saw the heartbeat, measuring 6 weeks ant 4 days at the time of that scan! Now I'm 7 weeks :) So I know it can be very tense but try to relax, 5 weeks is very early to be able to see anything! Your next scan should put your mind at ease :hugs:

Yeah I was so freaked out after my first scan! I tried not to be and just kept positive because I had a feeling this is a strong pregnancy. It was unnerving because she only saw the yolk sac and said I was too early to see anything inside. She didn't sound stressed so I let that calm me down a little - she seemed like she had seen this every day and was very composed about it and acted almost bored :haha: Which was somehow reassuring. Then, she had me come back 10 days later, and I saw the heartbeat, measuring 6 weeks ant 4 days at the time of that scan! Now I'm 7 weeks :) So I know it can be very tense but try to relax, 5 weeks is very early to be able to see anything! Your next scan should put your mind at ease :hugs:

I sure hope so because she seen nothing. :( no sac at all. the nurse called me back and said my numbers doubled so that it was probably just way early as my levels were only at 255 :( praying for a high number tomorrow then requesting another ultrasound!! thank you for the positive words. She told me not to worry as well she actually kinda laughed it off saying your just realllly early. so we shall see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->