call the midwife on UK Netflix

MrsMandy

Reaction score
Hi I can't remember who was asking before but I have just discovered UK netflix now has call the midwife - thought I'd let you know! :)

Me too - I got a little over excited when I discovered it just flicking through!! 😝

Can I ask for peoples opinion on Netflix please?
I'm totally fed up of Sky costing a fortune and never having anything on that we want to watch, apart from the kids shows during the day.

Do you think Netflix could be a good alternative? Does it stream properly? Can you start watching instantly, or do you need to wait for each show to fully download first? etc =)

Netflix is awesome - we've never had any streaming or buffering probs, everything is ready to watch instantly - it also has a kids section so you wouldn't have to worry about your little ones watching something they shouldnt inadvertently!
Netflix has so many programmes and films - some obscure ones admittedly 😕 but also plenty of new films and always updating and adding new seasons of boxsets. We have it through Hubby's Xbox so its straight on the TV, we also have now TV (approx £8 a month and you can turn it on or off each month if you dont have the extra that month) and that has newer films but I prefer Netflix for boxsets.
Hope that helps a bit? 😊

Oo also with Netflix it instantly starts the next episode of a programme and remembers where you are if you turn off and go back the next day (or months later I've discovered recently which is quite helpful!)
The only prob is I've managed to sit and watch 5 episodes of call the midwife this afternoon 😊 (enjoying the chance to do that before we have kids! Hopefully won't have the chance for too much longer!)

I love netflix, there's some pretty good films and programmes! Some of the films are a bit strange but its handy to have for when you're looking for something to watch! We don't have sky tv or anything, we just use Netflix and freeview.

There's also amazon prime instant video, which is basically the same as netflix. I'm sure they both have 30 days free trial so you could try it out and seeif you like it x

Definitely helps, thank you! =D
Went ahead and got the 1 month free trial while we still have Sky as a backup. Going to try and not use Sky though, to get used to it not being there. So far we're loving Netflix! I was worried the streaming would be awful, but it really isn't. The kids shows are definitely plenty for what we need during the day, will check out the adult stuff once they're in bed =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->