Calling all Donor Sperm/Insemination Buddies!!!

WayPastReady

Reaction score
Hi ladies! My DH (31) and I (30) have been TTC for over 2.5 years with zero pregnancies and found out about a year ago that we're dealing with a 2% normal morphology issue so we're embarking on the home ICI insemination route this cycle using frozen donor sperm since we've had no success improving his sperm with herbs and supplements for the past year.

I would love to start a thread for any tips, advice, support, prayers, and/or success stories, especially since my DH doesn't want us telling anyone other than the future child.

I'm currently waiting to try with donor sperm in Oct ish 2017 - but we're a same sex couple. I have a 4yo from a previous relationship though. I know questions will be raised eventually. I'm not carrying, but basically the live-in cheerleader and foot massager for the 9 months and basically 18 years after hahaha!

How exciting! I'm sure October will be here again before we know it. Will you be using a known donor or using a sperm bank?

I am currently in my 2ww of my 2nd DIUI. My DH has azoospermia. We even went as far to try to extract sperm from his testicles for IVF/ICSI with a procedure called Micro-TESE and had no success. It's been so difficult for both of us, but my DH has especially taken it really hard. I was upset to find out a couple weeks ago that our first IUI didn't work. I am really hoping this time works, but I am not feeling very hopeful. I find out on November 13th. Like you, we've been trying for over 2 years and got my DH's sperm analysis back over a year ago.

It's such a difficult journey, but I have faith that I will be a mom one day and that my child will know how much he/she was wanted.

I am currently in my 2ww of my 2nd DIUI. My DH has azoospermia. We even went as far to try to extract sperm from his testicles for IVF/ICSI with a procedure called Micro-TESE and had no success. It's been so difficult for both of us, but my DH has especially taken it really hard. I was upset to find out a couple weeks ago that our first IUI didn't work. I am really hoping this time works, but I am not feeling very hopeful. I find out on November 13th. Like you, we've been trying for over 2 years and got my DH's sperm analysis back over a year ago.

It's such a difficult journey, but I have faith that I will be a mom one day and that my child will know how much he/she was wanted.

Hi dani88! That's so great that you're staying positive and keeping the faith! This is definitely a rollercoaster of a journey, but my DH and I have also gotten to the point of acceptance and staying positive that I will eventually be pregnant. I hope this cycle is the lucky one for you!! We haven't ventured down the IVF/ICSI route (even though it was recommended to us) because we decided to try the cheaper, easier route of DS first, which I'm happy about yet sad when I think that I may never have a child that is biologically part of my DH. My DH is dealing with a lot of shame and disappointment, but I'm glad both of our DH's are somehow managing to accept it and use DS.

Are you doing medicated cycles with trigger shots to time your IUI?
And how are you holding up during this 2ww? I'm on CD10 so will be inseminating in less than a week but am already dreading the 2ww cuz I know I'll be SS like crazy!:haha:

I'm picking up 2 vials of DS tomorrow!!! I'm getting super excited yet nervous because I want to time this ICI as perfectly as possible. I'm currently on CD14 and have had lots of creamy cm for the past two days, but it's less today with a little bit of ewcm starting. My cervix started to raise up and open yesterday as well, so hopefully I start to get more ewcm tomorrow! I usually ovulate around CD16-18 so still a few more days to go most likely. I'm getting the DS with a liquid nitrogen tank which will keep it frozen at the temp it needs to be at for 7days. Just have to keep waiting for the positive opk and more ewcm!

How are you feeling Dani88? Any symptoms? Less than a week until you get to test!:happydance:

Hi, we are in our first cycle trying with a known sperm donor. Think we're already out this month; ovulated late but couldn't get an insemination later. Already tested at 9dpo and negative! Good luck ladies!

Hi, we are in our first cycle trying with a known sperm donor. Think we're already out this month; ovulated late but couldn't get an insemination later. Already tested at 9dpo and negative! Good luck ladies!

Hi and welcome veganmum!

9dpo is still early so fingers crossed that AF stays away! I'm assuming you used a fresh sample since you're using a known donor...might still be hope that they survived long enough to catch your egg. Can I ask how you did the insemination?

AFM, I'm on CD15 and had lots of ewcm this morning! My opks are trying to confuse me though:wacko: My ICs keep getting darker and super close to what I would call a positive, but I also used my CB one for the first time this morning and it was negative...not even a flashing smiley before the solid smiley. Guess I'm gonna stick with what the ICs are saying, but I'm worried that I'll either inseminate too early or too late.

I got my positive opk earlier this evening so decided to do my first insemination tonight since I've been feeling ovulation pains all day, lots of pressure down there, and my cp and cm feels ready. It seemed very easy, and I think went well. Now I just have to do some math to figure out when would be best for me to do the second one...I'm thinking either tomorrow around noon or waiting until tomorrow evening.

Hope everyone is hanging in during their waiting period!

Congrats Dani88!!! I just saw in your signature that you got your BFP this cycle!:happydance: H&H 9 months to you! I hope I join you soon!

Hi there! We've had several inseminations with frozen donor sperm. We took a little break from ttc and are getting ready to pick things up again starting next cycle (next week!)

Hi there! We've had several inseminations with frozen donor sperm. We took a little break from ttc and are getting ready to pick things up again starting next cycle (next week!)

Hi and welcome Savasanna! Sorry to hear the inseminations haven't worked for you yet...hopefully you'll have better luck this go around! TTC is definitely a very stressful and emotionally draining process. I hope the DS sperm route is a much quicker and less stressful route than ttc on our own has been. What type of inseminations have you been doing? ICI? IUI? Medicated? Trigger shots?

I'm 11dpo today, still bfn, some tan spotting, and I'm feeling out. It's probably only the progesterone cream that's holding off AF at this point, but I can't bring myself to stop it just in case.

We've done ICI and both medicated & non-medicated IUIs. This month we're doing a medicated & monitored cycle with triggering. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic!

May I ask why you chose to go for ICI rather than IUI? We did two cycles with ICI before deciding there were way too many unknowns and the sperm was too expensive to justify continuing.

I would think you'd have much better luck with monitoring and trigger shot. Fx'd this is your lucky cycle!

We chose to start with ICI because we're doing a home insemination and doing the IUI at home seems near impossible...even though we did purchase a speculum.:haha: If we were having the procedure done by an RE, then I would definitely jump straight to a monitored IUI, but we plan to give it at least 3-4 cycles with the ICI at home to save time and money before we consider going back to the RE. I'm probably overly optimistic that we will have success at home in just a couple of tries.:spermy:

Hey - you never know, right?! We were mostly nervous we weren't thawing correctly.. but we were also able to do IUIs with my ob-gyn rather than jumping right to an RE. That significantly cut down on the costs. However, at the end of the day - here we are so.. I guess we should've just gone to the RE. But, oh well, we're here now and that's all that matters. I hope you have some at home luck in your future! Excited to follow along with you! :flower:

Thanks! Hopefully we both get our bfp soon!

I see you're also a foster mama. That's so awesome! We adopted a newborn baby girl who is almost 9 months now. We thought the process would take 1-2 years, and it ended up taking less than 3 months!!!

Ooh I'll join! We're WTT until January. Going with the same known donor we used for our donor. Did AI at home. Worked first shot with dd. Hoping and praying #2 comes quickly too! I'm nervous because we bought a house and moved. Now we're evenfurther from our donor so I'm worried about how it'll all work out. But he's reassured me we will make it work!

Thanks! Hopefully we both get our bfp soon!

I see you're also a foster mama. That's so awesome! We adopted a newborn baby girl who is almost 9 months now. We thought the process would take 1-2 years, and it ended up taking less than 3 months!!!

Wow - 3 months?! That's incredible! Congrats to you!

Ooh I'll join! We're WTT until January. Going with the same known donor we used for our donor. Did AI at home. Worked first shot with dd. Hoping and praying #2 comes quickly too! I'm nervous because we bought a house and moved. Now we're evenfurther from our donor so I'm worried about how it'll all work out. But he's reassured me we will make it work!

Welcome mama and congrats to getting success on the first try! That's incredible! So happy for you that your donor is willing to donate for baby #2. I wish we had some fresh DS to use...it's so hard to time the insemination using frozen DS with such a short viability window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->