Calling all Donor Sperm/Insemination Buddies!!!

AF reared her ugly head early this morning with cramps in tow. I think I inseminated too early and am planning on waiting a full 24 hrs after my first positive opk for the first insemination and then an additional 12 hrs after that for the second one this next time. I knew the odds of getting lucky on the first cycle were low but somehow still thought that now that we're using some good stuff, we'd instantly fall pregnant like everyone else I know.:dohh:

Aw man - I'm sorry to hear that! I know we all know it takes time, but of course we hope things will fall together quickly. Especially when we're doing something differently. :(

Ooh I'll join! We're WTT until January. Going with the same known donor we used for our donor. Did AI at home. Worked first shot with dd. Hoping and praying #2 comes quickly too! I'm nervous because we bought a house and moved. Now we're evenfurther from our donor so I'm worried about how it'll all work out. But he's reassured me we will make it work!

Welcome mama and congrats to getting success on the first try! That's incredible! So happy for you that your donor is willing to donate for baby #2. I wish we had some fresh DS to use...it's so hard to time the insemination using frozen DS with such a short viability window.

I have PCOS so my O date changes each cycle so realistically I couldn't use frozen as I can't predict O to the degree you have to with frozen. We would be throwing money away. It took so long to find our donor too, but he's really a great guy and we had him terminate his rights in September when OH adopted dd (could have been done sooner, but we just hadn't gotten around to it) so it makes us much more comfortable to use him again. Even if it'll take a miracle to make it work with our distances now.

Sorry about AF :(. It can take two completely healthy people up to a year unfortunately. But your new timing plan sounds good!

Aww Kyla - you're totally going to lucky again this time around, I know it!

Aww Kyla - you're totally going to lucky again this time around, I know it!

Girl I and FREAKING out! But on the inside lol. No idea how it'll work if I'm due to ovulate toward the end of the workweek. For dd we gotndonations 7 and 5 days before O so I know his swimmers can last long, but I'd rather not tempt it a second time. If O is close to the weekend we can get a hotel near him for a night or two, but other than there being a miracle of her I'm working up near us I don't know..,

Sounds like you've really stumbled upon a good donor, Kylas. So glad it worked out with the TPR, and it sounds like he's really willing to make an effort for this next insemination. Hopefully your cycle surprises you and is cooperative.:winkwink:

Hello ladies;))

I have tried home insemination for a while, but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
I have tried it with temps, opks, pre-seed, mooncup and all... I am excited to read your progress.

Hi Beach! Are you taking a break for now?

I'm starting to feel a bit crampy - CD1 should be just around the corner now!

Hope this is your lucky cycle! When do you have your first ultrasound to check the follicles?

Don't know yet! I left a message with my clinic and am waiting to hear back. But I don't think they do a monitoring check until CD12 or so, so maybe next Thursday? I'm so anxious for them to call back even though I know it will just be a scheduling call. Baby steps. lol

Picked up my second batch of DS today and am currently on CD 15. Not sure when I'm going to do the insemination yet, probably not until tomorrow at the earliest since I feel like I did it too early last month.

I got a positive opk yesterday and today, but last month I got it 3 days in a row with the middle day having a darker test line than control line, so I feel like I need to wait until I see that darker line and count 24 hrs from there?:shrug: Any advice?

On a different note, I talked to my guy friend today (who is one of my few friends who knows the real reason for our ttc troubles) and told him that we just started using DS. Anyway, he offered to give me a fresh "donation" and we talked through the logistics of what that would mean and look like should a child occur from that donation. I feel comfortable going that route, but my DH is also friends with him (through me) and I don't think he would be comfortable going with a known donor. It would be nice to have some fresh DS though, so I don't have to deal with a super short viability window. If it doesn't work with the frozen this month, I might talk to DH and see how he would feel about going this route. I'm afraid he might feel even more emasculated at the idea.

Sorry about the novel today. How is everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->