Calling all POAS addicts! If money was no object, which brand of test is best?

BunnyN

Reaction score
Okay so pretty much all us POAS addicts use ICs because they are just so cheap. You can use them in large quantities without taking out a second mortgage. We also spend quite a bit of time complaining about evaps and indent lines. Most of us have a couple of the "good test" in reserve for when we finally get a BFP because no one quite trusts ICs (and it's an excuse to pee on another stick). Well we say it is to double check the results, even more likely we turn ourselves half blind and completely crazy at 7dpo staring at evap lines, then give in and use the stash of FRERs kept in reserve, only to get BFNs and run out of all tests at 10dpo which doesn’t really leave you any further ahead because you don't know if the BFNs are because you are not pregnant or if it was just too early to test. Once you really get a BFP on a FRER you have to go out and buy a digi to confirm.

We are all looking for the test that is dirt cheap, 100% reliable and gives a BFP at the earliest possible moment :haha:. Everyone has favorites, Clearblue, FRER, dollar store, Tesco, Wondfo or one of the ICs that just seem to be called "Pregnancy test". Most of the time our choice, at least in part, has to do with the price. My question is what if price was not important (you know, when you inherit the family estate from a distant billionaire relative you didn’t know you had, get your first hit single, or win the lottery and have so much money you don’t know what to do with it).

FRER is a bit of a gold standard (although the new curvy ones are getting a bit of a bad rap). But there must be something out there that is better than FRER anyway, I mean if you are actually trying to see how much money you can spend? Digital tests are great for those who want an answer in black and white but they are not particularly sensitive. I have heard rumors of black dye, cassette tests being the Rolls Royce of pregnancy tests but I don’t actually know anyone who has used them.

So if you had a spare million to spend on pregnancy tests what would you buy?

This post really made me laugh- what you wrote is exactly how it is.
I think I like FRER and clear blue +/- equally! I know some don't like the blue dyes but I do like the clear blue and to me they are the 'original' test- when I fell pregnant with my first baby 15.5 years ago that's all there was!
The digits are great to confirm but I prefer lines to analyse 😄

Hands down FRER. I have always had good results with them. Even this cycle.. got a VERY FAINT SQUINTER yesterday at 6dpo.. then today twice as dark and don't have to squint to see it at 7dpo. I think I'm rare case, but though an early implant, I def feel you will see a + sooner with FRER. I do have a few cbe under the sink but def reached for the FRER when this early. Will be playing with the cbe in a few days lol :)

Thanks for the imput ladies! I have good experience with FRER too. Got a squinter 9dpo on ICs and a clear positive on a FRER the same day, not FMU, so I think I might have got a squinter earlier on the FRER. I am tempted to start early testing with FRER this time but if it takes a few months to get pregnant it could get expensive...

Frer GOLD digi....hands down! gave me a positive Yes+ with only a faiiint line on a 10miu IC

FRER for me, no question. Both times now it has given me a clear positive at 9 DPO when other tests gave me a false negative. I've never had a false positive with the brand. With DD, it was ClearBlue that was wrong, and this time it was an IC. This cycle we went out and bought several boxes of FRERs, because we were both impatient to know (I've been testing since 6 DPO :blush:). :haha:

FRER but my other favorite is cassette tests.

I was thinking about trying the osom ones. They have a reputation for being as good as FRER but not as expensive.

I was thinking about trying the osom ones. They have a reputation for being as good as FRER but not as expensive.

Yeah the only bad thing was the last box of 25 I bought every one had a faint positive after the time limit so you have to throw them out at 5-10 minutes and not look again.

Yeh, I'm very tempted just to start early testing with FRER this time round but if it took a few months to get pregnant that would get pricey! I do try to look for good offers on them.

Its gotta be a FRER test for me aswell :) although, i find that with sone older batches they had the actual indent line on the test strip which can sometimes indicate a positive when theres nothing there at all.. Until you take the strip out & see.. But for sensitivity Frer all the way! Ive never gotten a false positive/negative, thumbs up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->