Calling early weaners only

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
With the title no offence to anyone at all but im only looking for advice off early weaners, not advice on if to wean or not since im weaning :thumbup:

Just wondering if your Lo seemed to profer a certain type of food i mean Kyle Loves his veggies and rice. and still takes over a good 30oz of milk per day.

He has his food at lunch since in the morning he dont want anything at all put to play for 20mins then he naps till about 10:30am-11am then he has his lunch.

Anyone elses Lo's abit like this with there food? and the time they will eat the food? i mean he would happy eat lunch and dinner if i was to give both but never ever a breakfast but me and oh dont have breakfast our selfs :shrug:

What did you do/try to manage to get your lo to have a breakfast and after how long should you add a second meal? and i should i get breakfast in before i add dinner lol

I weaned my oldest early :)

But even with all of my boys...weaned early or not...they were not big on food in the morning for awhile. They had to wait atleast a good hour before they were able to eat breakfast. Their meals for awhile were just lunch and dinner then eventually we did do breakfast still after some time to wake up. Morning was their happiest time, they'd want their milk then play and play then milk and then nap...then they would eat food. But now that they are older the minute their feet hit the floor they want food lol

Brooke has her breakfast more at "brunch" rather than earlier, she's not too keen on food early in the morning she prefers milk hun

Perhaps some babies are like some adults and dont like eating early in the morning, at this stage milk still should be the main source and food as the compliment so i really wouldnt worry about it, he'll soon settle into 3 meals as he gets a little older :)

Josh has his breakfast at about 9-10am, he has a bottle at 7am but often falls asleep after it straight away so thats why he has it late. He eats like a pig at breakfast!

At the moment he's having 7ox 3xporridge portions and a small yoghurt

I'm just starting weaning my LO but she also isn't a big eatter in the mornin milk or food she will wake up at 8-8.30 but won't want a bottle till about 9-9.15 but after that feed she is fine the rest of the day, she now has a small breakfast of porridge at half 10-11 between bottle feeds.

Well at the minute his up by 8:30am has a little play some bottles then naps till 10:30am/11am has lunch/brunch and he eats as much as i will let him has maybe 7-8oz after brunch ** he has his bottle after because if i try the bottle first he screams at me but always wants a bottle after food i guess like us i like a drink after food to wash it down ** Then play and maybe some Sips of bottle taking a min of 2oz each time then a 8/9oz bottle then nap again around 1:30pm/2pm ish varys on how the rest of the times have gone then more play and 9oz bottle at around 4pm

Then the rest of his feeds are just bottles that he takes as and when still at the moment but around 8pm/9pm he takes between 10oz-14oz then sleep

Sometimes we have 1 bottles between the 8/9pm and the 8am other times we dont but it depends how much he takes on his last feed.

As to the food itself if he does not like the food i dont force but i persist with the flavor every couple of days again to see if he changes his mind, and i just let him say when his had enough food then he has a bottle.

Wondering if it was time to add in dinner around 6pm ish say followed by a bottle then still his huge drink of 10oz-14oz just before bed?

Emma refuses anything other than milk till about 11am, then she will take 'food'. She still only really likes veggies - fav is carrots, sweetcorn, peas and beans mush. She is now not keen on total purees, and will only happily take things with more texture/lumps. She is mad about lentils tho! I gave her lentil and veg bake and she mugged me for the bowl and spoon and was bouncing up and down with joy eating it.

She is really not a fan of sweet things like fruit purees or dessert/pudding type things. So she gets veg with milk and a tad of rice (she likes the cauliflower broccoli cheese heinz rice) for lunch, then the lentil moosh for dinner. I do try her with a few spoonfuls fruit but usually she gets annoyed and will bad the spoon away.

Emma refuses anything other than milk till about 11am, then she will take 'food'. She still only really likes veggies - fav is carrots, sweetcorn, peas and beans mush. She is now not keen on total purees, and will only happily take things with more texture/lumps. She is mad about lentils tho! I gave her lentil and veg bake and she mugged me for the bowl and spoon and was bouncing up and down with joy eating it.

She is really not a fan of sweet things like fruit purees or dessert/pudding type things. So she gets veg with milk and a tad of rice (she likes the cauliflower broccoli cheese heinz rice) for lunch, then the lentil moosh for dinner. I do try her with a few spoonfuls fruit but usually she gets annoyed and will bad the spoon away.

That seems to be kyles fav but omg does it smell, how long after you starting weaning you add dinner in ?

kaleb is opposite he loves breakfast more than anything!! he likes fruit more than veg so have to add fruit to most of it xx

we still have problems getting alex to drink milk so

Alex has a bottle (only about 3oz) at about 8-9

brekfast at 11-12ish (he loves the c+g porridge) has about 3oz milk mixed in

bottle then dinner at about 2 (normally the heinz caliuflour and brocolli cheese) made with milk

bottle then Tea at about 6 ish

we still dream feed him at about 10-11pm he only has about 18-20oz a day of milk on a good day

The boys started with a lunch, then a breakfast at about 10am and lastly a dinner. Their first 'meal' was always a milk feed at about 7am until about a year old.

how long after you starting weaning you add dinner in ?[/QUOTE]
I started with dinner then added breakfast after only a week and a half. Not sure if thats the way it should be done but my little girl loves her food so I think it was the right decision for her :flower:

We weaned Ellis at 5 months, rice at breakfast for a week, then introduced purees into it. After 2 weeks he also had rice and purees mid afternoon. We added less rice as we went along. At 6 months we went to 3 meals a day, combining puree and BLW.

Just started weaning Caidan properly this week. At the moment he gets about a third of a tin of creamed porridge at lunchtime with about 120 mls of milk.

I plan to keep it this way for another month or so, whilst introducing new foods and depending on how that goes, I will then start him on dinner. Breakfast will be the last meal I introduce as he hardly takes any milk his first feed of the day (8am ish).

Good luck, and remember, you know your baby better than any one else. There is no right or wrong time to introduce the other 2 meals of the day, go by your baby and your instinct hon.

xxx

well today he had dinner i decided if he had of had a min of say 20oz before dinner time i can add in the dinner since i feel better knowing his still had like the min amount of milk before giving more food and he lapped up his dinner and is having a bedtime bottle with Oh now

Today he had a heinz in a box breakfast for lunch for the fruity taste since he dislikes fruit but eats it this way, and for dinner a heinz in a box veg and rice :thumbup:

So for the next few days im tracking his routine and milk intake on the laptop.. he seems to have a good routine every day give or take an hour but he does the same things in the same order everyday :thumbup:

Jesse now has 4 small meals a day along with his milk, he started on baby rice at 5 weeks, now his typical daily menu is this:

8am - 8oz milk
9am - baby porridge or 1 rusk mixed with milk

between 12 and 1 pm - around half of an ellas kitchen stage one pouch, mixed with baby rice, and around 4oz of juice,

2pm 8oz of milk,

5pm a few spoonfuls of a savoury baby mix or jar, and a few spoonfuls of dessert, along with between 5 and 8 oz of milk

9pm - 1 rusk with milk and 8 oz of milk before bed

I started with lunch first then added in supper and gradually breakfast then tea, just go with your babys preference that'd what I did x

Chaise is the same, he loves bananas and isn't too keen on much else! I decided to just mix bananas with everything! Now he has pumpkin, pasta and banana!

Chaise won't have breakfast either, I've tried 3 meals a day but he isn't interested. I started weaning chaise at 15 weeks and at first he ate loads but he doesn't have as much now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->