Calorie Intake

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Hey ladies, just wondered how many calories you were roughly eating each day? Should I be eating a little more now i'm in the third trimester?

Just curious :)

Thanks x

i have no idea how many calories I take in a day, I just know it is farrrrr too much :haha: x

1 milliooooon here :rofl:

I have no idea what the recommened is. I shall have a google and come back :p

In general, pregnant women need between 2,200 calories and 2,900 calories a day. A gradual increase of calories as the baby grows is the best bet. Here is an overview of how calorie needs change during each trimester:
The first trimester does not require any extra calories.
During the second trimester an additional 340 calories a day are recommended.
For the third trimester the recommendation is 450 calories more a day than when you are not pregnant
Avoid extra calories by cutting down on foods high in fat and added sugars. Replace regular soda, sweets and fried foods with healthy options like low-fat milk and yogurt, whole fruit and whole grains.

For 2nd and 3rd tri they have me on 2600 calories (but gave me 2300 before I told them it was twins).

My mw said on average during third tri you only need the equivalent of a banana or a slice of toast extra. x

All three trimesters, my OB has just advised me to eat healthy...no calorie guidelines at all. I have no idea how many I consume in a day, I just eat like I always have, which is fairly healthy.

God knows!

I've put it to the back of my mind and I'm just going with the flow. Now, where's that Toffee Crisp....

I read somewhere it is 400 extra per day? I have no idea what my intake is (just that it is def too much!), ffs I have just eaten 2 cupcakes from Hummingbird Bakery :blush:

I think I heard somewhere to not really worry about calorie intake when pregnant. So I haven't even thought about it. If I'm hungry, I eat. I just try to make sure I'm mostly making healthy choices. But, sometimes I just can't resist some greasy pizza or some chili dogs.

Thanks ladies :)
I was recovering from an ED before becoming pregnant and have tracked my calorie intake for YEARS so not tracking it/being struct is hard. I've upped my cals to 1800 a day but have just blown that on chocolate lol. I'm eating plenty of fruit and veg though :) I go over cals most days but it just scares me eating that amount, although i can't help is as I'm constantly hungry!

Even though I've never had an ED, I am used to working out hard at the gym and now not being able to reeeeally gets to me some days. I've learnt to push it to the back of my mind for now.

Looking forward to the grand gym return though! Feel so sluggish!

Same here. I miss my heavy lifting lol. Nugget is worth it though <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->